Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
df99

Exciting new tone box (Blue Box) developments

11 posts in this topic

I completed installing the Arduino, blue back-lit LCD display, and other components in a nice custom enclosure. I added three videos showing the updated appearance and operation of the box in its new enclosure, some details of the hardware construction, and the software configuration and hookup diagrams for assembly.

Overview -

Hardware Details -

Manual and software configuration -

Code and documentation packages:  http://projectmf.hom...ux.com/Arduino/

Regards,

df99

Edited by df99

Posted (edited)

I don't know if this was already a topic on binrev. If it was, I'm sorry, that I make a new one. I found an interesting page on instructables.com about an Arduino based Blue Box. I found it quit interesting and cool and decided to build one. It works and was something new. The Box has alot of tone series and features. I just wanted to give a hint for a future project and can say, that it was  fun to build one. I put on the link, so you can watch and decide^_^.

Hope this will makes fun and I wish you happy building and testing.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Arduino-Based-Blue-Box-phreaking/

Edited by Rambozo the clown

I've designed a blue box myself a while ago, it used two 555 timers and an LM386. I never got around to building it though, just didn't have the time or the parts. I'll redraw the plans and send them to you if you want me to.

Have you heard of ProjectMF? If not, look it up and use your blue box there! I've had a lot of fun with ProjectMF using ToneDef on my cell phone.

Yeah I know ProjectMF and ToneDef. I already played with it and found it really cool. It gave me a feeling, how it was to use a Blue Box. It would be cool if you can send me the plans of your Blue Box:). Thank you 

I have an idea of what I did, I just have to redraw the plans. It's no problem, I'm glad I can share the plans with someone!

I don't know if this was already a topic on binrev. If it was, I'm sorry, that I make a new one.

It was, I just merged the two together. No worries.

I wonder what happened to df99 anyways? He hasn't been on here in almost 2 years! His Ardunio "mighty wurlitzer" is a really cool idea but I couldn't get one because he only provided them in kit form (don't have time or patience to assemble and configure it myself) and the one person I know locally who is adept at that stuff is a geriatric ham radio cranktard and we're not really on speaking terms with right now. Oh well, life's like that sometimes I guess.

Hi, guys.....Still out here, keeping ProjectMF running. No new developments on my Arduino blue box, except a minor code change to increase the audio quality with a faster sampling rate.

I have been working with a person or two who would like to replicate my switch with its patches. It is getting more difficult as the required Debian Etch installation files and build environment packages are getting harder to find.

I'll try to jump on the irc channel some evening this week.

Best regards,

df99

23 hours ago, scratchytcarrier said:

It was, I just merged the two together. No worries.

I wonder what happened to df99 anyways? He hasn't been on here in almost 2 years! His Ardunio "mighty wurlitzer" is a really cool idea but I couldn't get one because he only provided them in kit form (don't have time or patience to assemble and configure it myself) and the one person I know locally who is adept at that stuff is a geriatric ham radio cranktard and we're not really on speaking terms with right now. Oh well, life's like that sometimes I guess.

FYI, I never offered a kit, just my Arduino software (runs on Leonardo-style Arduino's only - Micro and Pro Micro preferred) and the drop-dead simple plans. I built one in about 45 minutes yesterday for a demo on the system I'm doing next week.

You should try building one - Works great, and you can leave off the LCD for an even easier build.

Best,

df99