Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
sykotyk

Digital TV question

2 posts in this topic

So funny thing happened to me. I have TV with the most crooked company in the world. My wife (when she lived on her own) had bought a digital box with ALL the channels subscribed on it. At my house, we have basic cable now. But, we are allowed up to 4 receivers so i figured hey we have a spare one lets plug it in and see what happens. At first it wasn't working. Went onto their website, and there is an option to reset all cable boxes. VOILA. Downstairs i have basic cable. Upstairs i have EVERYTHING.

The problem is its killing use to have basic cable downstairs so we'd like to upgrade to have HD channels. Im worried, in case some sort of "zapping" of the upstairs box could occur, that i would be losing my only edge I have on this crooked company. I don't know nearly enough about all this so I'm curious. Could that happen or am I being too paranoid. ps. sorry for the long write up. Thank you ahead of time

In all honesty, as crooked as they are, that can charge as much as they want. Be happy with what you have, while it lasts. 

You might be able to use a sling box, but might as well just pay for the service rather than spend money to steal it. Could you carry the box downstairs? Then back upstairs when you're up there? I mean it's free, and its a cable box? Right?

Edited by tekio