Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Phreakman

weird things happening to my neighbors dial tone

5 posts in this topic

So last night I clipped my buttset to my neighbors tni box and the dialtone was weird. It was not clear and was VERY fuzzy, when I called (800-444-4444) and what was weird is after 2 tones of it dialing almost like fax noises started playing then the number said (Sorry this call cannot be completed.) So either my neighbor is getting free wireline and never had it turned off or their phone is messed up. I will try to post a recording.

sounds like DSL. you are clipping on before the filter, so you will hear their DSL modem talking. if you have a DSL filter, use it.

Back in they day when DSL boomed as everything at that time was dial up I ran into similar issues. I just simply added a dsl filter inline on the beige box.

sounds like DSL. you are clipping on before the filter, so you will hear their DSL modem talking. if you have a DSL filter, use it.

Back in they day when DSL boomed as everything at that time was dial up I ran into similar issues. I just simply added a dsl filter inline on the beige box.

You know that's what I figured that it was dsl or uverse because where the red and green wires go it was a light blue wire on the green and a white wire on the red. Also thanks guys.

Yeah, I had experienced this before about 1 1/2 months ago. Nice to know that I didn't break anything. I also called that ANAC.  (800-444-4444)

Edited by whixrr