8 posts in this topic

Introducing the Toll-Free Anonymizer

Due to concerns of blowback from participants of the World Wide Wardial Project, I decided to make a "telephone condom" for those who wish to explore the depths of in-WATS.

The Anonymizer is a very simple diverter service, which provides dialtone for placing US toll-free calls.  What makes this service special is that every call is automatically placed with a completely random Caller*ID.

The Anonymizer takes an exhaustive list of valid US npa-nxx pairs, and couples them with a random 4-digit subscriber number, to create a valid-looking Caller*ID associated with a random city somewhere in America.  Only valid in-service exchanges from the 50 US states are used.

This service combines a free DID from IPKall with Toll-Free termination from Alcazar Networks.  Because of these free services, this system does not cost me anything to operate, and I invite anyone to use it, as much as you like.  By using this system, you agree to obey all applicable laws.

To use this service, simply dial:

1-425-606-3712

At the dialtone, enter your US toll-free number, including the country code (1):

1-8xx-nxx-xxxx

Your anonymous call will then immediately connect.  Once the dial-sequence has been completed, my server will remove itself from the data-stream by remotely bridging the SIP connections between IPKall and Alcazar, providing a crystal-clear call experience.

If you have access to an Anonymous SIP client such as Ekiga, you can use this service by placing calls directly to my server, using a SIP URI such as:

sip:18004444444@quickspoof.kb3tpa.pgh.pa.us

This entire system is beautifully simplistic, and the pertinent parts of the source code are as follows:

; Toll-Free Anonymizerexten =>  14256063712,1,Goto(tollfree,disa,1)exten => _1800NXXXXXX,1,Goto(tollfree,${EXTEN},1)exten => _1822NXXXXXX,1,Goto(tollfree,${EXTEN},1)exten => _1833NXXXXXX,1,Goto(tollfree,${EXTEN},1)exten => _1844NXXXXXX,1,Goto(tollfree,${EXTEN},1)exten => _1855NXXXXXX,1,Goto(tollfree,${EXTEN},1)exten => _1866NXXXXXX,1,Goto(tollfree,${EXTEN},1)exten => _1877NXXXXXX,1,Goto(tollfree,${EXTEN},1)exten => _1880NXXXXXX,1,Goto(tollfree,${EXTEN},1)exten => _1881NXXXXXX,1,Goto(tollfree,${EXTEN},1)exten => _1882NXXXXXX,1,Goto(tollfree,${EXTEN},1)exten => _1883NXXXXXX,1,Goto(tollfree,${EXTEN},1)exten => _1884NXXXXXX,1,Goto(tollfree,${EXTEN},1)exten => _1885NXXXXXX,1,Goto(tollfree,${EXTEN},1)exten => _1886NXXXXXX,1,Goto(tollfree,${EXTEN},1)exten => _1887NXXXXXX,1,Goto(tollfree,${EXTEN},1)exten => _1888NXXXXXX,1,Goto(tollfree,${EXTEN},1)exten => _1889NXXXXXX,1,Goto(tollfree,${EXTEN},1)
[tollfree]exten => disa,1,Answer()exten => disa,n,DISA(no-password,tollfree)exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,1,Set(CALLERID(all)=${CURL(http://quickspoof.kb3tpa.pgh.pa.us/api/random_cid.php)})exten => _1NXXNXXXXXX,n,Dial(SIP/${EXTEN}@tollfree.alcazarnetworks.com)

The Random Caller*ID number is generated by a PHP script located at:

http://quickspoof.kb3tpa.pgh.pa.us/api/random_cid.php

The source code for this script is available at:

http://quickspoof.kb3tpa.pgh.pa.us/api/random_cid.php.txt

If you find this service useful, I would encourage you to contribute back to the community by adopting an exchange for the World Wide Wardial project.

Edited by Michael R. Wally

Too bad you can't use this with numbers other than those that are toll-free...

Too bad you can't use this with numbers other than those that are toll-free...

I'm working on a regular spoofer that will allow this, but I cannot afford to eat the costs.  I plan on charging very tiny bitcoin amounts (under cost in most cases) for access.  I will post here when it is operational.

Why not just:

sip:18005551212@tf.callwithus.com

Why not just:

Does that randomize the callerid?

Why not just:

Does that randomize the callerid?

No, but isn't it easy enough to do it yourself? If you've got an asterisk box:

exten => _1800NXXXXXX,1,Set(CALLERID(all)="Joe Schmoe" <+19709911462>)

same => n,Dial(${EXTEN}@tf.callwithus.com)

For those without an asterisk box, most soft phones and ATAs include an option to set caller id, this works too.

------

Edit: actually, looks like callwithus will randomise it for you -> try sip:18004377950@tf.callwithus.com

Edited by smpl

Great service. I wonder if there's a way you can modify it so that you can choose the number instead of having one randomly assigned?

Great service. I wonder if there's a way you can modify it so that you can choose the number instead of having one randomly assigned?

This will be available eventually.