Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
burntkid

Conference Bridge

36 posts in this topic

Conference Bridge if anyone is interested.

I need to get a better number up for this due to limited trunks. After I get it up properly it would nice to get some peopke on their to talk telecom. I have lots to share..

If you don't mind me asking, why not just use one of the hundreds of conferences already out there? :)

Thoughtphreaker if you have an sugestion let me know where we can all meet. Most conference numbers do not have anybody on them. I thought it would be neat to have a place to meetup at a ccertain time/place like the old days. I already have a pbx setup for other uses I just dont want to use the pstn numbers I have because they are assoiciated with work. I insipired to learn certain knowledge when I was a phreaker like dms, 5ess, local numer portability, transport such as different network elements, voip etc. I have the same believes as stankdawg about sharing knowledge. I ran a group named Amitech back Iin the days. We where all about sharing knowledge and helping newbies become less newbie.

burntkid

Ps excuse the spelling grammer I am writimg this on a tablet

Glad to have y'all around :) . 812-462-9297 is a pretty nice conf. It's capacity is at least 20 callers, and the company that owns it (Frontier) doesn't use it regularly - or possibly at all, or care if there's a huge spike in inbound traffic. It's run on a GTD-5 too.

Nice ... Maybe we should setup a time for everyone to jump in and share some knowledge like the old days! I use to love the different conference calls back in the days...

Alright! Well, if anybody would like to join in, just post when the best time for you would be.

Anytime would be fine with me.. When is good for everybody else?

For me, any day after 15:00 (3PM). 

PS: If you guys still have Ma Bell as your ILEC, my bill went up to $102.64. Shocker isn't it?post-52317-0-83344700-1400534506_thumb.p

PPS: Southwestern Bell does a good job in keeping it's facilities (external) clean and maintain everything well. The Call Trace on here was deliberately done so I could record the intercept recording.

I am free mostly all the time from 12:00 to 5:00ish, but it would depend on the exact day. I guess we should post our time zone too, huh? I'm central time.

How the hell did you run up a $102 phone bill with a lifeline plan, making overseas crank calls?

Inside wire protection is a scam, you really don't need it unless you cut the wiring while doing construction or something.

How about instead of waiting to get everyone's time zone and best time to call we just set a time in the evening, say 9:00 pm EST?

How the hell did you run up a $102 phone bill with a lifeline plan, making overseas crank calls?

Casual dialing international calls? One time Sprint sent me a $5 for a two minute domestic call, or something like that. Thankfully, this is the sort of situation where you can just explain it was a mistake and get the charges waived, but they really don't kid around with those casual dialing rates. Though in ramsaso's case, I'm surprised they got the call trace charge up to $10.

Even with the general shadiness of LEC billing, the one thing I'm thankful for is how much they'll put up with. I've never had anybody question the huge amount of minutes I chew up (ever notice that 5,000 minute cap or the other terms of service telling you what you can't call?) or the hundred blocks I scan so long as the bill is paid.

Anyway, 9 PM EST would probably work for me. What day are we talking about? Wednesday or Thursday maybe? I'm in Pacific, by the way.

Time/date formats, solved problem: 2014-05-22 0100 UTC if we want to plan on 9 PM EDT on Wednesday, 21 May 2014

Someone should tell Evan about this conference.... you never know what would happen if he gets on.

Anyway, 8PM CST is fine for me (let's see.... dial 1167 812-462-9297.)

Anything interesting happen? I couldn't make it on last night.

Yeah, good times! I, ThoughtPhreaker, and ragechin made it, ran around 3 hours. ThoughtPhreaker dialed into a Christian fudamentalist dialup BBS which turns out to be running on OS/2.

Sorry I couldn't be there last night. It sounded like a good time! Anybody interested in doing something during the day?

burntkid

Yeah, good times! I, ThoughtPhreaker, and ragechin made it, ran around 3 hours. ThoughtPhreaker dialed into a Christian fudamentalist dialup BBS which turns out to be running on OS/2.

After you headed off, I took a poke at it with #binrev for a few. It turns out there's Lynx and an IRC client you can launch on there :) . Anyway, I'm going to be a bit busy later in the week, but let me know if there's any other times that work for you.

Wow I am a terrible person for not even checking this thread since I last posted. Sorry guys. I'll try to check this more frequently and would be up for it next time.

There are a handful of dialup BBSes out there. Last count was around 25 or so.

However there are about 300+ telnet BBSes out there. Looks like the old dialup BBSes with all the great ANSI art, just via the Internet.

New number nice and safe up 24/7... Good DNB if nobody is on it.. Telephone number .12538020571. I run it so its nice and safe... Idlers allowed.. I will be on a lot waiting for you all! See ya soon!