Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
screamer

phpbb

9 posts in this topic

I'm trying to get a new webboard over at my site, but here's the prob...the filehost ol' dashy is usin only allows one file to be uploaded at a time. They claim to allow ssh and ftp access, but we can never login that way. I know he emailed them about it, but I haven't talked to him in a day or two so I'm not sure what's going on. If I'm not mistaken, I'll have to upload each file to the host if I can't unzip it in a shell, correct? With 296 files, and only one upload at a time, this will take a while...any advice?

you said "one upload at a time" so how is that one upload done? You said no shell access or FTP access?

what about control panel access?

Yeah you can login to a website (control panel) and at the bottom it has an area to upload a file, but as I said, only one at a time. I'd prefer to mput the things, if need be, or more preferably just upload the whole zip file and open it up through a shell...but noooo.

...and I guess you already said this but you cannot upload the ZIP file and then use a control panel UNZIP feature to unzip it? My control panel also has a built-in SSH function that is accessed via the control panel, not an independant SSH (which i can also do, but obviously you can't so it doesn't help you).

you gotta get an instant messenger proggie...this is a chat troubleshooting session...

Nope, no unzip or ssh features...just one place to upload a single a file. Looks like I'll have to see what's up with the ftp and ssh stuff from Dash, but that's easier said than done. Hopefully my buddy Beave over at vistech will give me the storage space he's been promising soon, then I can just use that.

I can look into creating a subdomain here for you temporarily, if you want.

No need, we plan on ditching the host anyway. They informed us we overused our alotted bandwidth and are charging extra because of it. Plus, adding insult to injury, I get an error everytime I try to upload a new index.html file to the site. I can't even update the main page to explain why our past episodes are missing! That's typical, yet another problem in the bumpy road that is hackermind lol

ok, well the offer stands.

Don't forget that we have an archive or hackermind and others at http://oldskoolphreak.rootsecure.net/

And these forums are pretty darn good if I say so myself... at least they will work in a pinch. I would be glad to make a specific Hackermind forum (similar to the RFA forum) if you would like!

Keep us informed on what is going on!