Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

HPR - HPR1398: Batteries Part 1

1 post in this topic

A show about batteries - Part 1I can't take the credit for all this detailed information in my podcast, I found this fantastic website many years ago while investigating why the battery in my expensive razor prematurely failed. I tried to hunt for the site but couldnt find it. I wrote up all my notes from memory and recorded the show. It wasn't until I started working on part 2 of my batteries show the I stumbled across this long forgotten site at least I think it's the same one as it talks about the memory effect on satellites and doctors pagers so I guess it must be the same one. I'm indeed delighted to find it still exists, and I may very well read it again from top to bottom. It looks like it's been updated a little too. well done ka7oei a fantastic resource right enough.Site title: "About NiMH and NiCd cells and batteries (And a little about LiIons, too...)" picture of my trusty Philips 5890 Shaver effect pager Clip Possible Chargers (For use in the UK)I found it very difficult to find a slow trickle charger, here are two possibilities, you may need to settle for a fast charger as the slow ones now seem to be like hens teeth, (VERY HARD TO GET).This is perhaps a little slow with a charge current of only 150ma, would take about 17Hrs to charge 2100 mAh batteries. charger I use is made by the same company as this although mine is a different model. My model charges at 200ma, and takes about 13 Hrs to charge a 2100 mAh battery. I can't tell what charge current this charger deliveries, but suspect it's a simple slow charger, probably old stock, as I said slow chargers are getting like hens teeth.

Go to this episode