Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
phreeman

2600 Conf For DEFCON

8 posts in this topic

yoyoyo 

There's a ninjaconf (bridge) setup for defcon week. You can reach it a couple of ways. 

The public numbers (free call from payphones) are the following: 

//I'll keep the others private 

And the DIDs: 

The catch is, you gotta chirp chirp to get in.. However, I found out earlier that iphone5's are not passing the 2600hz properly for some reason.. So you cant get in from one of those.. I messaged woz about it lol. (remember, not all phones were created equal) 

This is an open bridge for general use through to next week, so fear! 

And in case you're wondering, projectmf was not used in this.. This is SIP with a modified dsp

Peace! 

/eof

post-24375-0-36425500-1375158525_thumb.j

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh a conference

it's been so long. i'll definitely hop on occasionally. that 2600 "gate" is sick, although with my smartphone dead and gone i'll have to awkwardly use my laptop as a bluebox.

maybe we should agree on a time for us binrevers(?) to all hop on? how about wednesday evening, 8:00 central time?

I can probably do 8 PM CST. Time to build something with a 555 timer!

Mr Doorbell just dialed via a secret number earlier - didnt expect that

Edited by phreeman

Out of curiosity, the call to the Reno 4E is pre-recorded, right? That's some awesome choice you have in hold music/content, by the way :) .

Any other conferences this week?

I was wondering that myself. There's a million confs in the some numbers thread, it might be nice to fire one up sometime.

i don't expect anyone to magically hop on but i'm actually on right now and i'll be on for a half hour

How narrow is the tolerance on whatever is receiving the tone? I tried to join not too long ago, but it wouldn't respond to my attempts to whistle off the recording. Granted it's been a while since I've tried that, but does it have to be precisely 2600, or will +/- 10 hz still work?

EDIT: Come to think of it, this might be the problem the iPhone 5 was having if it was on Verizon Wireless. The 5400 baud implementation of QCELP uses a vocoder, so it isn't pitch accurate.

Edited by ThoughtPhreaker