Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kuro

How can I run cmd prompt on startup without inputting a password?

6 posts in this topic

I think this would be very useful to know in case myself or any of my friends ever forget our password or for some other reason end up locked out of our computer. I could simply change the password to an existing account and problem solved.

However, while trying to do this it asked me to put in the password for one of my user accounts. I do know my password, but considering my reason for wanting to do this in the first place that kind of defeats the purpose.

Edited by Kuro

You could run netcat on startup and connect to it remotely. 

I've done this before but forgot all the nc.exe switches. So that is your haxor assignment. Get netcat for Window and run it as a service or use the "at" command to run it on start up, before a user logs in.

IT will run as the "system" so you should be able to change passwords and have total system control.

You could run netcat on startup and connect to it remotely. 

I've done this before but forgot all the nc.exe switches. So that is your haxor assignment. Get netcat for Window and run it as a service or use the "at" command to run it on start up, before a user logs in.

IT will run as the "system" so you should be able to change passwords and have total system control.

Thanks, I'll try to figure out how netcat works. I'm pretty new to this stuff, but computers have always interested me.

Be aware that leaving netcat running with your machine on the Internet without a firewall will leave it open to others!

^----- yes it will.  oops.  :confused:

there's always konboot too....

1 person likes this