dmine45

New Evan Doorbell tapes

30 posts in this topic

3 hours ago, scratchytcarrier said:

TP: Was there ever a side 2 to the ZZZZZZ rawtape or did Mark only have that one on the FTP?

I know there was 3 tapes that Evan had in total: 1 he recorded from Long Island, one Ben did local in LA, and I think one from Barry in Baltimore. Then the follow-up he did about the Z jingle, but that was more "gee-whiz" stuff.

Yeah, those were the edited/narrated tapes but apparently Mark Bernay had his own hour-long rawtape capture/s on his FTP server (ftp.wideweb.com) a long time ago. I must have missed it because I personally don't remember ever seeing it over the last 10 years or so, but Thoughtphreak has a copy up on his site: http://thoughtphreaker.omghax.ca/audio/zzzzzz-side-1.flac or http://thoughtphreaker.omghax.ca/audio/zzzzzz-side-1.mp3

But that's side 1 apparently. And this one's a ZZZZZZ-lover's dream come true because it includes lots of content not included in the Doorbell posts. Unfortunately since it's a speaker-out recording the recorder's microphone also picked up a lot of extraneous noise in the room.

TP: Was there ever a side 2 to the ZZZZZZ rawtape or did Mark only have that one on the FTP?

Nope :/ . Sometime like ten years ago, I just happened to be lucky and snagged a copy. There was no announcement or anything like that, and it was quickly deleted.

Edited by ThoughtPhreaker

I asked Evan about the missing Z tapes.  Those were given to Mark Bernay but were not recorded by Mark or Evan.  He can't remember off the top of his head who contributed them.

Evan wasn't aware that the tape was only posted temporarily.  He has some other material in addition to the -part-1 file on Thoughtphreaker's server.  He wants to extract the stuff from those files that he doesn't already have in higher quality and get it out.  If that doesn't happen relatively soon, remind me!

On 1/3/2017 at 11:15 PM, JmanA9 said:

Evan wasn't aware that the tape was only posted temporarily.  He has some other material in addition to the -part-1 file on Thoughtphreaker's server.  He wants to extract the stuff from those files that he doesn't already have in higher quality and get it out.  If that doesn't happen relatively soon, remind me!

I'd like to hear those tapes as well. Really loved that series! One of the masterminds behind that contacted me via the website a few months ago. :)