Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
on3moda

Payphone locations and Phone numbers

3 posts in this topic

That list is extremely out of date. I looked at the city I currently live in and none of the phones on that list exist anymore (holy crap, a bank of 4 pay phones at the high school??). I checked another city that I frequent and there was stuff in there that I submitted to that site more than 10 years ago that aren't there anymore.

I'm betting most other areas are the same since this list was put together just before normal people started buying cell phones. AT&T (Bell South) completely ditched their pay phone business 10 years ago, so that kills most of the pay phone numbers from the Southeast. I bet a lot of the Cocot numbers have changed over the past 10 years as pay phone owners desperately try to stay afloat by switching their service to independent carriers.

Note - All locations with a * next to it are DISCO.

The asterisk has nothing to do with music. The website says, "A * in front of the telephone number means that the phone does not accept incoming calls."

Good to know. Thought I would give what I found. Info dump from someone else of sorts. Out of date for sure. Some of them work. Oh well. Nostalgia value then. I use it to call inactive numbers for stat stacking at work for sheer numbers called.