sl1pm0de

Lets get a hacker con going in Arizona!!!

46 members have voted

1. 1. where do ya fit in?

• White hat
    • Black Hat
    • Gray Hat
    • I don't wear any fukking hats.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

67 posts in this topic

Slipmode: In all seriousness, just say the word on anything you need for this con and myself and probably the whole 928-2600 crew will stand at attention. I would be totally psyched if this happened.

Sounds good!

Now thats the kind of outlook we need.

This really would be a great thing.

Thats awesome neuro... the collective here in az will probably hold you to that :)

first off, i pinned this thread so people can see it better ;) I also moved it to general hacking, becuase it is.

i would totally LOVE for this to happen. Let me know what i can do.

Thats awesome neuro... the collective here in az will probably hold you to that :)

I'll hold you to holding me to it.

yeah, I can see it now.... dual and bland's PWF panel, slipmode discloses new OpenSSL 0day, and automatic_jack builds a computer out of stuff he found on the side of the highway!

[edit]

in all seriousness, I can't overemphasize (sp?) how psyched I am about this. how 'bout caps?

I AM TOTALLY PSYCHED ABOUT THIS!

[/edit]

Edited by neuro

Would definatley come if it was in phoenix. It would need a lot of newer topics that other con's don't have or adress so people wouldnt blow it off.

I'll do whatever I can to help out as much as I can. I won't know for sure about attending until I get some dates and work out the logistics of work, but I will of course do what I can. I can probably present something, pimp it on th eshow, put ads in the magazine, HackTV coverage, etc...

Ill call you later slip and we can probably conf via 3 way or something about what we all should do here in phoenix to get this rolling.

I got an offer for catering from a co-worker if we need it. He wants me to come to a social event he is doing I think feb 28th so ill check it out. As slipmode said to me before we also have plenty of people with hardware to meet any demand we probably would face with that.

Some of the standard stuff we would probably looking at is a wargame, speakers.. maybe some people selling stuff as there is always room for that? Any other input ideas?

A lot of what draws people to a con is the social aspect. I'm thinking some entertainment like a DJ or MC Frontalot rocking the mic ;). It sounds like you are going for more of a professional con slip so I'm not sure you want to replace Defcon as the current party con?

That gives me an idea. Would it be possible for someone into shortwave radio to bring along some equipment? We could make a radio station for the thing, alternating from live broadcasts of the panels/workshops/shows to live DJs.

yeah, we gotta get one of our nerdcore heroes to rock the hell outta the mic....

i'll totally run cable and shit.... maybe i'll do a crypto panel or something...

..wow... dont visit the forums for a while, come back and you guys are planning a con in AZ :o

Sounds like fun, I'd come/do whatever I can to help.

a crypto panel would rock the house, currently making my way through applied cryptohraphy & practical cryptography, definately some interesting shit.

I think having a con in Arizona is a great idea. I am a a network security student at UAT. Maybe our school could contribute something to it. I'd love to help. Let me know some more info and let me know how I can help.

Hey, this sounds really cool, I hope we can get the organization to pull this off. I'll try and help out if at all possible. I might be able to do a panel on microcontrollers or something, who knows. I may be bias, but Phoenix is a pretty awsome place. I moved down here to Phx for school, and don't plan on moving back home, this is home now, too many cool people here.

Lol well I will probably be getting quotes done up this week though Im not sure if ill be attending this months 2600 meeting :o

WHAT?!?! You havent missed one since I started going, possible ever!!! You had better have a good reason!

oh, so you go to a 2511 meeting and think your too good for a 2600 meeting, or is it becuase duals not going, now i get it, your just in this for dual arent you! heh. jk.

I should be there, like it matters, I got no 'show and tell' this time. I should have some hardware next month though (nothing fatal this time either).

-X

I would definitely show up, and I could bring lots of nifty hard copies of my zine and t-shirts and such to hand out. I'm pretty sure it's not even an issue, but I also agree that it should be in AZ. All of us silly CA types can get to AZ a lot easier than some retarded midwest state.

Hell yeah that would kick, what would really help is if you could get the support of pc magazines, and stuff, if a maga zines showed and had booths it would help more 1337 people show up but if it happens ill be there

raven