BlackBear696

unable to format micro sdhc card.

4 posts in this topic

I am using a multi card reader to read my micro sdhc card. The file system went from android to raw, and is now read only. i have tried to format it using several different formatters and all have failed. I have also tried to recover the files on the card before attempting to format and all recovery programs have failed too. I don't have an adapter, so sliding the lock up or down would be pointless. Please help. need to recover the card. Don't have the money rite now to get a new one. (SanDisk 32GB Micro SDHC)

I am using a multi card reader to read my micro sdhc card. The file system went from android to raw, and is now read only. i have tried to format it using several different formatters and all have failed. I have also tried to recover the files on the card before attempting to format and all recovery programs have failed too. I don't have an adapter, so sliding the lock up or down would be pointless. Please help. need to recover the card. Don't have the money rite now to get a new one. (SanDisk 32GB Micro SDHC)

Well, if you've used different formatters it is starting to sound like a hardware issue.

Have you tried using a different reader? Or cleaning the connections on the card? Old school cartridge trick: rub the shiny bits with a pencil eraser.

i dont have android so this might not be correct, but i would assume if the card can be put inot the phone and the phone connected and have the drive come up as a removeable drive on the disk mgr, then you should be able to format it.