Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
systems_glitch

Anyone Still Using XMMS?

5 posts in this topic

I recently switched yet another person from a music library manager to XMMS. I always keep coming back to its Winamp 2-esque interface and music sorted into directories. Anyone else using it for their audio-playing needs?

[quote name='systems_glitch' timestamp='1342032743' post='361203']
I recently switched yet another person from a music library manager to XMMS. I always keep coming back to its Winamp 2-esque interface and music sorted into directories. Anyone else using it for their audio-playing needs?
[/quote]
Love xmms! I've always been a fan, but as of late I've jumped on the band wagon and have been using vlc. I like the speed manipulation. It's great for listening to news and lectures to get through them twice as fast :laugh:

I found this today while looking for an audio player...

[url="http://xmms2.org/wiki/What_XMMS2_will_not_do"]What XMMS2 Won't Do[/url]

I still use it. It is a nuisance to install it, but it works just the way I want it to. 

Not in a long time. I used to use it in the Mandrake days and I remember it would bring my machine to its knees (the PC I was using it with was a very under-spec piece of shit anyways.) Don't remember which site I got the RPM from but it looked like it was a Creative Labs OEM distribution as it had their logo on the player window. Maybe I should try running it through Alien to get it working on Debian.