Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EonsNearby

Snorby help

2 posts in this topic

Okay, I am a complete beginner to Snorby (and network security), so I was just wondering if anyone knows of any good tutorials that could help instruct me on how to appropriately use Snorby. One thing I need help with is sorting the thousands of events it detects. For example, one has a signature ID of 2100366, but when I query the database about it, the website it takes me to does not have any information on it. The description Snorby provides makes it sound harmless, but I want to find out a little more about it before I tell Snorby to just ignore it.

[quote name='EonsNearby' timestamp='1327958478' post='360279']
Okay, I am a complete beginner to Snorby (and network security), so I was just wondering if anyone knows of any good tutorials that could help instruct me on how to appropriately use Snorby. One thing I need help with is sorting the thousands of events it detects. For example, one has a signature ID of 2100366, but when I query the database about it, the website it takes me to does not have any information on it. The description Snorby provides makes it sound harmless, but I want to find out a little more about it before I tell Snorby to just ignore it.
[/quote]

Your best bet is to hit the snorby forums or irc channel (irc.freenode.net). Mephux - the author of snorby usually hangs out there with various other people that can probably help