Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
phaedrus

FPGA cracking

4 posts in this topic

Hi all,

This project caught my eye when it was on hackaday, :-

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=37904.0

They are using a fpga with minimal power requirements to do bitcoin hashing.

Has anyone produced similar for password hashes? I know there is the cuda setup for graphics cards, but 7w per card, and a host could run 10 of these in a cluster if you had the funds to purchase, making for one hell of a password brute forcing setup...

Anything similar for password hash breaking?

Note for mr dawg and anyone thinking about not contributing, its not asking for illegal use, since network security professionals would of course have to tool up with similar hardware setups to mirror what potentially may be in use in the field somewhere in Russia etc...

i believe the wpa rainbow tables were made using fpga

Bump for interest. Ive been considering moving to an fpga cluster to increase the efficiency of my current bitcoin mining operation. However i would like to know whether they can be used effectively for something like WPA handshake bruteforcing.

Bump for interest. Ive been considering moving to an fpga cluster to increase the efficiency of my current bitcoin mining operation. However i would like to know whether they can be used effectively for something like WPA handshake bruteforcing.

http://hackaday.com/2011/08/22/fpga-bitcoin-miner-is-probably-the-most-power-efficient/ <- bitcoin mining through FGPA