Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
StankDawg

AT&T Tilt unlock code

4 posts in this topic

I was just cleaning up the office and found a small note with the universal unlock code for the AT&T tilt. This code will unlock the phone to be carrier free and let you use it somewhere else.

the code is: 81234312

I spend a good little bit of time on the phone with AT&T and being transferred about social engineering my ass off to finally get this code. I am throwing away the note and even though the phone is a few years older, I thought I would post it here in case someone had use for it. I no longer have the phone.

I was just cleaning up the office and found a small note with the universal unlock code for the AT&T tilt. This code will unlock the phone to be carrier free and let you use it somewhere else.

I spend a good little bit of time on the phone with AT&T and being transferred about social engineering my ass off to finally get this code. I am throwing away the note and even though the phone is a few years older, I thought I would post it here in case someone had use for it. I no longer have the phone.

i thought that unlock codes were unique to each phone and/or their IMEI numbers.. but i could be wrong..

i thought that unlock codes were unique to each phone and/or their IMEI numbers.. but i could be wrong..

That may be the case with some, but no one ever asked for my IMEI when I got this code so I dont know to be honest. Maybe they did and I forgot it but I thought this was a universal code but i dont remember.

That may be the case with some, but no one ever asked for my IMEI when I got this code so I dont know to be honest. Maybe they did and I forgot it but I thought this was a universal code but i dont remember.

Back in the day before SIM cards became popular (advent of HSPA/UMTS) most phones were locked either with a master code or defaults (000000 or 123456 were common), unless they took your IMEI from the billing system.