Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jasonmanley87

asus eee pc backing up windows 7 to usb

3 posts in this topic

Hello, I just bought the asus eee pc 1015pem (and love it). However I had plans all along to use linux. But I wanted to have a system restore for windows 7 of course. In the make system image menu that I found, it doesn't accept usb thumb drives, what's up with that? It only accepts external hard drives and dvds and didn't see the usb thumb drive I inserted in there. Any help? Thank you.

Try putting the flash drive into the computer before you even boot up.

Didn't really matter. What I meant anyway was it looked like you had to use a separate system recovery program which is the one that would only work on a CD/DVD. I still have the WindowsImageBackup saved to an external hard drive. However it doesn't matter anyway because I installed Ubuntu 11.04 anyway and have no interest in going back to Windows 7 (well I didn't anyway but still...).

I changed from the unstable laggy Unity desktop to fluxbox and got most everything to work there. Firefox even loads more quickly and doesn't crash nearly as much as with unity. I find that the only windows apps I really needed were a few games, that run beautifully under wine.