c0rrupt3d

Most Secure Browser

49 members have voted

1. 1. where do ya fit in?

• White hat
    • Black Hat
    • Gray Hat
    • I don't wear any fukking hats.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

24 posts in this topic

I want to know what you guys think the most browser is. I like netscape. I like it because if you configure it right it can be very very secure windows browser with a nice gui. You have lots of nice options. For example. You can disable javascript & java with one click of a button thats a nice option and many other options. But, what do you guys think the most secure browser is. Now for Windows I think netscape is. One nice thing about it is you can block out images makeing it a text only browser if you want, So that gives it the security of a text only browser.

What good is a secure browser if your os isn't secure? heh

and I like mozilla, it's nice, configurable, and unlike netscape, not owned by aol :)

Lynx.

Its open source, doesn’t support or require stupid silly needless plugins that take over your computer, and it is impossible to exploit due to the fact it just doesn’t support them.

And you can use it to fetch plain source and do neat tricks with it.

I wouldn't say lynx is impossible to exploit (It still is just an another application) but for the most secure lynx (or links or links+) has my vote. As far as a browser that is usable for more than 2 hours at before loosing sanity I like firebird and safari.

im still using IE, though I prefer Konqueror and Mozilla to it. I'm stuck with windows until I can get my own box set up...

For security I plan on trying Steganosa (i think) the proxy changer :)

I voted IE just to be contrary, because I honestly haven't the foggiest idea of any difference in securty levels between browsers... I mean, if you are running stupid scripts and the like its insecure, and if you set it up to be tight as a virginal 10 year old you are secure but you can't do a lot of crap.

Something I am missing?

I do like operas gesture system though...

Edited by Zeigenfus

yeah, IE is the only browser that I know of that people write EXPLOITS for, so as far as security, i'm going to have to go with something more obscure, lynx or w3m.

I have to say lynx as well. The less support it has, the less to exploit. You can talk about disabling support in other browsers, but the bottom line is that it is already disabled by lynx since they don't support it in the first place.

The question is bottom line best security. Not best combination of security and functionality. If that were the case, I would say Mozilla firebird.

Hmm...beyond a shadow of a doubt I'll have to go with lynx,

never used links so I can't speak on that.

btw, I can't beleive that dillo wasn't an option.

other: going over to the webserver's house and asking it if the webpage you want is home

other: going over to the webserver's house and asking it if the webpage you want is home

yeah, i was going to say..

"how come 'telnet to port 80' isnt on here?" thats my browser of choice ;)

yeah, i was going to say..

"how come 'telnet to port 80' isnt on here?" thats my browser of choice ;)

oh hell yeah.

I love Opera... Nice customizable GUI, mouse gestures, pop-up/java/javascript/cookies/GIF animations/audio/etc. blocking built in, text only ++ mode, customizable everything, down to how it handles all the MIME types, all sorts of cool things that really give you a lot of power over the browser. Did I mention it's fast? :P

simply put (and in the most general sence), the less your browser supports, the less your browser can do, and the less your browser interacts with your computer, the safer it will be. Thus, my vote goes to lynx.

However, firebird is safe enough that you should have no real worries searching the web, AND firebird is the sex0rz