Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zac199

Right path for Infosec?

2 posts in this topic

Hey binrev, I'm new here and I figured Id introduce myself by asking a question

about the path I'm taking.

I want to eventually get into Infosec. So I've started by getting accepted to college,

and am working towards my Bachelors in computer science.

On top of that I'm a member of the Air Guard, which is training me for my job in

"Cyber Surety" What is that?

I'm on here quite a bit, (lurking more then anything). And I read quite a few other blogs,

forums and other media pertaining to security in general.

So, do you think I'm heading down a good path to get into Infosec? Not that I can

change it for the most part :P. Just curious!

Hey binrev, I'm new here and I figured Id introduce myself by asking a question

about the path I'm taking.

I want to eventually get into Infosec. So I've started by getting accepted to college,

and am working towards my Bachelors in computer science.

On top of that I'm a member of the Air Guard, which is training me for my job in

"Cyber Surety" What is that?

I'm on here quite a bit, (lurking more then anything). And I read quite a few other blogs,

forums and other media pertaining to security in general.

So, do you think I'm heading down a good path to get into Infosec? Not that I can

change it for the most part :P. Just curious!

You're heading down a good path if you stay curious and want to know everything there is to know on how systems work. You're never going to know more than someone who's driven by curiousity, and knowledge and practice are your edge here. A military career or one in law enforcement does wonders for your credibility.

You don't need a computer science major, but it's a beautiful way to get a lot of knowledge from people who're excellent teachers and have a lot of tricks to share. Make sure your ethical character is clear and people have no qualms about teaching you security.

Edited by serrath