ThoughtPhreaker

Qwest ANI fails

2 posts in this topic

So this isn't quite op diverting the easy way, but it's pretty damn convenient. For those of you who've been paying attention to Qwest territory, you probably know there's a new AIS in all but the midwestern states. Normally, this wouldn't be too noteworthy, but they decided to do something interesting with disconnected business numbers. Or at least I think they're disconnected business numbers. This actually was at one time a test mailbox setup by Qwest;

503-635-6756

So normally, free directory assistance is nice, but nothing too special. The cool part, though, is it connects you with an ANI fail!

Try it; ask for a satellite company in Seattle, select Directv. When it answers, tell it you're not a current customer.

So this isn't quite op diverting the easy way, but it's pretty damn convenient. For those of you who've been paying attention to Qwest territory, you probably know there's a new AIS in all but the midwestern states. Normally, this wouldn't be too noteworthy, but they decided to do something interesting with disconnected business numbers. Or at least I think they're disconnected business numbers. This actually was at one time a test mailbox setup by Qwest;

503-635-6756

So normally, free directory assistance is nice, but nothing too special. The cool part, though, is it connects you with an ANI fail!

Try it; ask for a satellite company in Seattle, select Directv. When it answers, tell it you're not a current customer.

that number appears to be connected to this service http://www.dexknows.com/info/1-800callDex.asp

calling 1-800-call-dex will produce the same results as the number that you provided..

i stumbled upon that by choosing NY instead of Seattle, and it told me that was not in the coverage map, and to visit the website for the coverage map... then i just checked to see how the toll free number shows up at that direcTv number, and it comes up the same... 000-000-0000

i am sure that there is something to be exploited in a system like this..