Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ntheory

Who wants switch info?

22 posts in this topic

You do, you do!

Maybe I should call it NPA.php++.

If your switch isn't in there lemme know via PM and I'll check the offline DB to see if it was missed in the insertion. The switch type (if available) will show up directly after the CLLI code.

EDIT: Shouts to TelcoExchange! :P

rats--it doesnt list my switch type--but if it matters for

BWLGOHXADS0:

State: OH

English Name: BOWLING GREEN

CLLI: BWLGOHXADS0

Switch Type: Auto/Elec ESU 3072 Line Capaci

Host CLLI (if remote):

LATA: (326)

Exchanges Served: 6

Building CLLI: BWLGOHXA (See DSLReports information on this wirecenter)

Street Address: 160 W WOOSTER ST

BOWLING GREEN, OH 43402

Tandem: BWLGOHXA51T

SS7 Point Code:

List of served exchanges:

419-214 419-352 419-353 419-354

419-372 419-373

List of served ratecenters:

BOWLNGGREN,OH

List of carriers on switch:

VERIZON NORTH INC.-OH (0615 )

List of other switches in building:

BWLGOHXADS0 BWLGOHXAXMD BWLGOHXASMD BWLGOHXA6MD

!!*

Beware of anything that says "Auto/Elec ESU 3072 Line Capaci" - usually it's actually a GTD-5 EAX.

BWLGOHXADS0

Switch Type: Auto/Elec ESU 3072 Line Capaci

telcodata.us?

Damn, where does he get all this info?

Your error catching seems broken, if you only enter an NPA number it gives an error:

Warning: pg_query(): Query failed: ERROR: column "codesnxx" does not exist . in /home/ntheory/shared/public_html/phreaking/NPAlib.php on line 365

"select distinct (Codes.NXX), ScannedNumbers.Submitter from Codes left join ScannedNumbers on Codes.NPA = ScannedNumbers.NPA and CodesNXX = ScannedNumbers.NXX where Codes.NPA = '305' and UseCode = 'AS' order by NPA" failed in pg_query.

Edited by Bellbox

thank you Ntheory, i finally know my switch

Lucent 5ESS ;)

:bow: :bow: :lol:

5EXM

?

That has to be a mistake; LERG shows only one 5EXM in north america and that's in Alabama.

Qwest itself (via data on one of their websites) claims three (PRSCAZEARS0, PRSCAZEARS2, SDVLMNSORS1). The rest of the data came from TelcoExchange. ::shrug::

State: AZ | Assigned to a code holder (e.g., Wireless, ILEC, CLEC) for normal use. | OCN: 9636 | Company: QWEST CORPORATION | RCs: [PRESCOTT ] | CLLI: PRSCAZEARS2 | Switch Type: 5EXM

yeah, I recon that's a typo.

telcodata says:

Switch Type: AT&T Tech Optic Remote Switch

telcoexhange says:

SwitchType = EIA/Prescott-Main

whatever the hell that means.

Edited by neuro

Very nice NTheory! More to play around with...

Thanks for the heads up, Strom--I dont suppose you have any information regarding the GTD-5 EAX?

!!*

The GTD-5 EAX was manufactured by Automatic Electric for General Telephone starting somewhere aroind 1980. It is a time-division switch, and given GTE's nature of serving incredibly tiny rural areas, largish metropolitan areas, and everything in between, the GT5 is an incredibly versatile switch as to the range of lines it can handle. It can be configured as a little rural digital office, or a large big-city switch. The GT5 could initially not do ISDN; GTE entered into a partnership with AT&T Technologies in 1989 to develop ISDN capability for the GT5, at which point AT&T acquired half of Automatic Electric, which became AG Communications Systems as a result of the merger. With the buyout of GTE by Bell Atlantic, Lucent (now divested from AT&T) acquired another 40% of AG, and just recently acquired the remaining 10% from Verizon.

With Lucent's current financial state and the general unpopularity of the GT5 compared to the 5E, the future of the GT5 doesn't look bright. My guess is that either Lucent will continue to offer support for the GT5, the GT5 will be retrofitted in the coming massive VoIP conversion with a front end that essentially makes it a 5E with slightly different hardware (this makes the most sense, as the two will run the same operating system and front-end software, decreasing general maintenance costs), or the GT5s will just be ripped out and replaced with 5Es (may be less expensive in the long run than developing a retrofit).

I'm sure Ab Haya knows far more about the actual way the switch works. :)

State: AZ | Assigned to a code holder (e.g., Wireless, ILEC, CLEC) for normal use. | OCN: 9636 | Company: QWEST CORPORATION | RCs: [PRESCOTT ] | CLLI: PRSCAZEARS2 | Switch Type: 5EXM

yeah, I recon that's a typo.

telcodata says:

Switch Type: AT&T Tech Optic Remote Switch

telcoexhange says:

SwitchType = EIA/Prescott-Main

whatever the hell that means.

When there was a conflict between TelcoExchange and Qwest I took the Qwest data. I honestly have no idea who is right.

I looked at this in LERG. One of them was listed as AT&T Optical Remote, and one was listed as a generic remote switch, and I don't think I looked up the third, but being in the same building as the one generic remote, I assumed it would be also listed as just a remote switch.

Edited by Strom Carlson

I found a telecommunications company that has the LERGDATA.MDB file (I assume) zipped up on their FTP server but it's in the incoming directory and I can't download it.

So close yet so far...

LERG is like two dozen different databases. one MDB will not give you everything :)

ok, i'll take your word for it...not at home and its been a few months since i actually looked at my LERG directory :)

I found a telecommunications company that has the LERGDATA.MDB file (I assume) zipped up on their FTP server but it's in the incoming directory and I can't download it.

So close yet so far...

yeah, I saw that a while ago...