blueeyedblond

Rootkit & Kernel exploitation

6 posts in this topic

Before any disrespectful answers, let me insist on the fact that the motivation behind my question is for pure educational purposes.

I started reading three books on rootkit (“The rootkit arsenal”, “rootkits subverting the windows kernel” and “professional rootkits”: I would recommend the first one), some chapters link to code samples on the infamous website www.rootkit.com.

I couldn’t have access to the website, and if am not mistaken, the website is no longer availble; If you could share websites, links, materials that offer code samples, articles and some new techniques on the subject, I would be very greatful.

Thanks again.

The hot blondish girl ;).

The hot blondish girl ;).

Ha, now that's social engineering if I ever saw it. You may be a 400lb man in his mother's basement, but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and assume this is true. If you are really honestly interested in security I would start with the Black Hat presentations. There are a few on rootkits.

Black Hat presentations.

http://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-media-archives/bh-multimedia-archives-index.html

Edited by heisenbug

research the stoned bootkit

Smashing the Stack for Fun and Profit is a great introduction for what you want to learn. It's a bit outdated, but does a good job of describing the basics of buffer overflows.

Edited by tekio

it was posted awhile on exetools, http://www.stoned-vienna.com/

it's only for x86, thou, and requires some seriou knowledge of the involved subject. Better you grab a Microsoft® Windows® Internals book and study it before...

Play the game "Core War" and program a few good vamps. That'll give you a hell of a jumpstart.