iDestroy

Favorite portscan tool?

28 members have voted

1. 1. where do ya fit in?

• White hat
    • Black Hat
    • Gray Hat
    • I don't wear any fukking hats.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

8 posts in this topic

Tell me your favorite port scanner. It will be helpful to the rest of the Binrev community

Edited by Michaelfox

netcat nc -z, its installed everywhere and interestingly it does udp scanning without root privs... I was quite surprised to discover that...

And not to start a religious war, but anyone that uses windows as a scanning platform without doing a load of stack tuning parameters is very trusting.

Once upon a time the nessus guys said "use unix but if you must use windows look at these settings" and we found the scanners missed stuff on a xp platform occasionally. Now they say the preferred scan platform is windows. I'd flag that as a sellout commercially, since more buyers buy windows products.

Isn't "Nmap" missing from the list ???

yea sorry. it was just a spur-of-the-moment thing.

It depends on the job. For scanning a single host and avoiding detection nmap is good. For scanning ranges of IP addresses scanrand is strong. If one wants to scan UDP services Unicorn scan is the best, from my experiences.

It depends on the job. For scanning a single host and avoiding detection nmap is good. For scanning ranges of IP addresses scanrand is strong. If one wants to scan UDP services Unicorn scan is the best, from my experiences.

hmmm......i am gonna have to check scanrand and unicorn. Thanks for the information here

Isn't "Nmap" missing from the list ???

yea sorry. it was just a spur-of-the-moment thing.

not an issue.....i see you were asking for the windows platform.