armeniki

Millennium Manager Application

40 posts in this topic

This could be true but I'm not sure just yet... Personally I'm thinking that since Quortech owns all of the management equipment and they licence everything out, there's only one main number that can be reached from everywhere.

Take a listen to the first recording again. The DTMF is messed up, but you can clearly hear it's dialing a different number then in the second recording.

A validation string to verify any calling card(s) - this is simply to say that the card is valid/acceptable, the actual approval/processing takes place server side.

I can definitely vouch for something like this happening. When I made that first recording, I planned on swiping an old calling card, and have the phone try to validate it. It didn't approve of this.

Hi all... just wanted to post this to keep this thead alive! I know there's a lot of challenges to get this going but I don't want to give up.

Meanwhile, I have recorded a whole bunch of prompts from the Millennium if any one really needs one.....

Cheers!

Nice, how'd you get the prompts without having the phone set up?

By all means, though, let us know what direction you want to take this in.

Nice, how'd you get the prompts without having the phone set up?

By all means, though, let us know what direction you want to take this in.

Hey mate,

I just used a simple pick-up mic and a high quality DVR/DAR.

Meanwhile, I saw another Millennium on eBay a week ago and wanted to bid on it but I thought I'd better get the one I have sorted and working before I can get another one....

I've been thinking about this but do you think Nortel created a standalone program like M-Manager to use for testing purposes or in a workshop?? I just find it hard to believe that a tandem computer is the only thing that the software is available on...

By the way are you able to send me another recording of a modem communication? Still trying to figure this out although I haven't put too much time into it recently but will in the next month.

Cheers

Edited by armeniki

<This post should be deleted, contents moved to previous post>

Edited by armeniki

<This post should be deleted, contents moved to previous post>

Edited by armeniki

Wow, you've really put a lot of commitment into this. Kudos to you, good sir.

I can make another recording, but would you mind if the distant/local ends weren't isolated like they were in the last two? I've had a bit of trouble, and the equipment I used to make that recording isn't running right now. Try making a mixdown of the recordings you already have - I've tried this before myself, and it seems like modems are pretty resilient against noise at that baud rate, but the possible lack of error correction could be a problem.

So this proves my point about the modem handshake being too long on our regular modems... so hopefully I can figure out a way to shorten it... anybody know the right AT commands for that?

I've had that problem with my modems too - I think when support for lower baud rates started to go downhill in some of the later - and present modems. One thing you might be able to do to help is type ATS37=5 on most modems; this will force it into 1200 baud mode on most chipsets.

Wow, you've really put a lot of commitment into this. Kudos to you, good sir.

No worries, I'm just trying to get this phone to work... hopefully someone out there can contribute as well.

I can make another recording, but would you mind if the distant/local ends weren't isolated like they were in the last two?

Sure they don't have to be seperated.

Edited by armeniki

Progress - am now able to communicate with it and have uploaded the time/date (yy-mm-dd).....

post-23987-093826800 1325042716_thumb.jp

Edited by armeniki

Progress - am now able to communicate with it and have uploaded the time/date (yy-mm-dd).....

Wow! That's really cool, would you like to tell us how you managed it? :)

Nice! I've been told if you can find the Millennium Manager access number, it'll set the time and date on the phone even if you give it an invalid serial number.

I've been working with a friend to get a recording setup with both sides isolated by the way. When he gets it ready, is there anything in particular that you'd like me to record? The Millenniums in place here are the electronic equivalent of world class bullshitters; no matter what you dial, they have an answer for it. Even calls to international mobile numbers (which I'm sure much to the chagrin of whoever pays for international, they can't tell the difference between) will be quoted without communicating to the Millennium Manager. Even if you give it country codes that don't exist, it'll come back with a rate quote - I gave it an international premium rate service number, and it still gave me a quote. Since that idea never took off for international carriers, we sadly can't check and see if that actually completes.

With the possible exception of credit card calls, the only way I've found to make them call in is to give them an area code that doesn't exist; it always comes back saying it can't rate the call, though, and I think that's one of the first recordings I posted.

<empty post should be deleted>

Edited by armeniki

Edited by armeniki

Edited by armeniki

Time to bring a dead thread back to life.

So I got a Tandem server and its 100% functional, I got it for a old data conversion project.  Anyone got any clue where to get MM. If we can get a copy of MM, Ill setup a modem on the server and then we can figure out how to free our millenniums from the MM Borge Hive.