Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
livearchivist

Wifi Encryption Hacking Hummer RC

7 posts in this topic

I have started to put together a project that will be used in my workplace to check for rogue access points and or try to penetrate our network. The plan is to take a remote control hummer, install a router (WRT54G) with extended antennas, install a network camera, install a netbook (MSI Wind) with BT4 installed (to hack the networks) and run it all over our network using my laptop.

I have already started the project, I have installed the router in the hummer as well as given it a pretty killer camo paint job. Work has begun on trying to automate BT4 to grab ahold of a SSID and begin collecting packets to either be analyzed in the future or to go ahead and work on cracking them on board.

Also, the hummer will need to email me lists of any access points that it finds/penetrates.

Thoughts?

Thoughts?

Why not go for a RC Helicopter? That would be totally 1337. You could just operate it outside, and have it hover around offices that are on higher floors.

Thoughts?

Why not go for a RC Helicopter? That would be totally 1337. You could just operate it outside, and have it hover around offices that are on higher floors.

That just gave me an idea.

*Looks at an old RC helicopter and 9dBi antennae*

Mobile hacking and repeating, I like it.

Thoughts?

That just gave me an idea.

*Looks at an old RC helicopter and 9dBi antennae*

Mobile hacking and repeating, I like it.

It would be cool (but too pricey, for me anyway) to get a sony p series like below and just run Backtrack on it. And find a way to tape it on the RC Chopper. You'd need one guy to operate the RC chopper and another to do the cracking (one could run VNC on the P Series and use a 1.5 Mw alfa USB adapter w/ a 9dbi omni-directional facing down to the ground.).

EDIT: to pull that off you'd need to alfa 2Mx adapters... One to crack, and the other to get decent reception for the VNC connection. You could even use one highly directional and point it directly at the building for good reception while cracking. The other alfa on the bottom of the chopper w/ an omni-directional point down.

Sony P series.. 1.3lbs:

sony_p_series_1.jpg

Edited by tekio

Yea finding a decent RC helicopter that could hold a small netbook would be an issue, especially trying to find one at a bargain. Though I work at a computer store, and my boss likes to try new and different things. So I may get some funds from him for this little project, one never knows.

Payload on a helicopter would be a major problem, but more so physical size. A FitPC2 would weigh 370 grams (shy of .82 pounds). Not including power and wireless equipment, you could still hit the 1.5 pound mark. The FitPC2 would be significantly smaller than conventional netbooks and thus a smaller payload size along with weight. Even further reduction could be had by removing the casing of the FitPC2 and adding solid state storage.

fit_pc2_3.jpg

A "Value" model will run you about $300 alone not including storage medium. The processing capabilities would most likely require a separate computer to perform cracking.

Now, in terms of helicopter...

There are enough of them on the market that'd work for your needs, but probably not the budget. Many RC helicopters are out on the market designed to carry, say, a DSLR camera + lens for remote video and photo, but they're expensive for the most part. Expect anywhere from $1,000 and up. A quadrocoptor would also be a good choice (personally, I like the Mikrokopters), but at $4000 for a "base" ready to fly model, not so good on the budget.

Payload on a helicopter would be a major problem, but more so physical size. A FitPC2 would weigh 370 grams (shy of .82 pounds). Not including power and wireless equipment, you could still hit the 1.5 pound mark. The FitPC2 would be significantly smaller than conventional netbooks and thus a smaller payload size along with weight. Even further reduction could be had by removing the casing of the FitPC2 and adding solid state storage.

fit_pc2_3.jpg

A "Value" model will run you about $300 alone not including storage medium. The processing capabilities would most likely require a separate computer to perform cracking.

Now, in terms of helicopter...

There are enough of them on the market that'd work for your needs, but probably not the budget. Many RC helicopters are out on the market designed to carry, say, a DSLR camera + lens for remote video and photo, but they're expensive for the most part. Expect anywhere from $1,000 and up. A quadrocoptor would also be a good choice (personally, I like the Mikrokopters), but at $4000 for a "base" ready to fly model, not so good on the budget.

IDK know much about RC helicopters. But, I do know Hollywood uses them to tote some pretty beefy cameras around for aerial shots. I'm sure they're as much as a used vehicle, but doable. The sony Vaio I mentioned was 1.2lbs with battery and everything. It would be simple to attach a cargo net to the bottom and put the netbook there. Again, that's probably looking at a budget approaching 7K, but doable.