Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JmanA9

Verizon Wireless "Communications Center"

7 posts in this topic

I just dialed *88 by accident on my VZW cell phone, and I got an answer after half a ring, "Communications Center, this is Brian." I can't find anything about this after a few Google searches. Does anyone know what the purpose of the "Communications Center" is, and, do you get it when you dial *88 on your VZW phone? Edited by JmanA9

[quote name='JmanA9' timestamp='1290306632' post='356000']
I just dialed *88 by accident on my VZW cell phone, and I got an answer after half a ring, "Communications Center, this is Brian." I can't find anything about this after a few Google searches. Does anyone know what the purpose of the "Communications Center" is, and, do you get it when you dial *88 on your VZW phone?
[/quote]

Did you tell him to spin up birds 1 through 4 and 20 through 25 for strategic missile launch?

ill charge up my old vzw razr and see if it works

I remember scanning the feature carrier codes a while back (always looking for test number or something :biggrin: ) but I think the *88 lets you report tower outages and shit like that just ask him whats the # used for he'll tell you (how you suppose to report a tower outage if your tower is out?)

[quote name='binjinx' timestamp='1290552688' post='356034']
I remember scanning the feature carrier codes a while back (always looking for test number or something :biggrin: ) but I think the *88 lets you report tower outages and shit like that just ask him whats the # used for he'll tell you (how you suppose to report a tower outage if your tower is out?)
[/quote]

That is so weird! I just tried on Alltel here in Midland, Texas, and I just get a triple reorder tone, then a hangup on the other side. I will definitely try that out if I get to a Verizon store sometime this weekend.

I think this might be something that's specific to Verizon. The code might not work in former Alltel areas.