ic0n

Cell Phone OS

29 members have voted

1. 1. where do ya fit in?

• White hat
    • Black Hat
    • Gray Hat
    • I don't wear any fukking hats.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 posts in this topic

If you use a few phones daily like I do please select the OS of choice.

Myself I've been on Android for about a year now and will never go back to anything but.

android and detest it. multiple reasons mostly useless information collection that they force upon you. not having a program to write to sim so have to get from the market/pay more money just to have the same feature as any free with contract phone. also upon upgrading from 1.9 to 2.1 a big loss in speed lol. even though was running cyanogenmod for both.. the list goes on.

Android 2.2 is the BEST. I look forward to 3.0 :P I develop for Android with my nexus one ;)

I downgraded my IPhone from 4.1 to 3.1.3 and duel booted it with android, haven't had much time to play with it yet, wish I had used the terminal method instead or the auto intsaller method, might restore and use terminal if I still have the ipsw hanging around! Btw there is away of downgrading without the shsh blobs from cydia... Heard it was impossible as apple don't sign off on the versions anymore (btw this method doesn't use the cydia server) I managed to work it out after playing around as I just wanted my iPhone jailbroken again.

Sorry if this went a tiny bit off topic

-handle

I stick to Windows Mobile as it has variety of applications and tweaks available; including VoIP

I'm running Symbian which is a bit of a dying OS, but my Nokia E75 has a built in SIP stack and integrated seamless VoIP via 3g or wifi, so I went with it. I've been kicking around the idea of going the andriod route, but it seems most of the best phones are CDMA, and I need GSM Quad band as I travel abroad with some frequency.

but it seems most of the best phones are CDMA, and I need GSM Quad band as I travel abroad with some frequency.

Best mostly comes from HTC which offers gsm quad versions

Just got my first android.

Haven't really gotten under the hood but so far it's a blast.

and @10nix: T-mobile 'droid phones are GSM I'm fairly certain, it's what they use. I was told when I bought mine that it was, I think Cingular might use GSM network as well.

Edited by Seraph