Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
johnnymanson

Securing Airline Luggage by Always Carrying a Firearm

6 posts in this topic

Here is something interesting I found on another site. It involves keeping your airline luggage secure while flying. The main idea behind the procedure is that luggage with declared firearms can only be opened in the presence of the owner. The owner keeps the keys at all times and non-TSA locks are used to secure the cases. The method is described here.

http://deviating.net/firearms/

Look this over and discuss it if your interested.

I've never carried firearms on airlines, but have had the T.S.A. randomly search my baggage. The whole thing really pissed me off. Upon arriving to my hotel room, there was a note in one piece of baggage from the T.S.A. It stated my baggage had been searched because it was "intersting". It also stated something like, "if a locking mechanism required forced entry from a T.S.A. agent, the T.S.A. is not responsible for any damage to the contents or baggage itself".

So basically they've got the right to not only search one's belongings w/o just cause, but to damage personal property at will, with no responsibility for their actions.

I've never carried firearms on airlines, but have had the T.S.A. randomly search my baggage. The whole thing really pissed me off. Upon arriving to my hotel room, there was a note in one piece of baggage from the T.S.A. It stated my baggage had been searched because it was "intersting". It also stated something like, "if a locking mechanism required forced entry from a T.S.A. agent, the T.S.A. is not responsible for any damage to the contents or baggage itself".

So basically they've got the right to not only search one's belongings w/o just cause, but to damage personal property at will, with no responsibility for their actions.

we really need a high speed rail system in this country...

You do realize that the TSA has powers over all forms of public transportation including rail and buslines right? And Florida is currently implementing high speed rails from Orlando to Tampa, Orlando to Jacksonville and Orlando to Miami all converging at the Orlando International Airport. I think many other states are following suit.

Why does it cost so much more to take a trip on a train than it does to fly in the US?

Edited by johnnymanson

You do realize that the TSA has powers over all forms of public transportation including rail and buslines right? And Florida is currently implementing high speed rails from Orlando to Tampa, Orlando to Jacksonville and Orlando to Miami all converging at the Orlando International Airport. I think many other states are following suit.

yea, but i would still rather a high speed rail to get from coast to coast than to have to spend several hours trying to get past security... and have the ability to keep my belongings with me - to prevent people from going thru it outside of my presence, and the potential for things to get "lost" A/K/A stolen from baggage handlers (i worked on the ramp @ JFK before, so i know most "lost" stuff is stolen, especially stuff that is transferring from one airline to another, making it harder to determine where the stuff disappeared...

a intrastate high speed rail does little good... NY has a monorail that links subway stations to JFK, and wants to expand it to manhattan... i am more interested in an interstate high speed rail between the coasts - Amtrak takes about 3-4 days to get across the country - I could/have drive(n) across in almost the same time.. if that trip could be reduced to a single day, it would be worth it to take the train Vs flying to avoid the hassles of airports security...