Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jameschristian

Pulse dialing killed my dial tone!

3 posts in this topic

First post! Pre warning: bit of a long story!

Today I was trying my hand at pulse dialing, after I failed a few times at reaching the number I was trying, I got through to a wrong number after a saying sorry and hanging up I Picked up the phone and tried again but this time I had no dial tone (series of beeps on my line, not a continous noise) I tried hanging up several times but still nothing also I tried dialing some number keys but still nothing. In the end I hit redial and for some reason this brought back the dial tone noise!

I am using a virgin media uk line, was just wondering if there was any explanation for this? Oh and I wasn't able to call the house from my mobile but I could dial out despite no dial tone!

Not sure how well that reads (after readin binrev for a while I realise that grammar and spelling is important, mines just not up to scratch :P)

Edit: iPhone screen/eating whilst typing didn't do me any favours grammar wise.

-handle

Edited by Handle

First post! Pre warning: bit of a long story!

Today I was trying my hand at pulse dialing, after I failed a few times at reaching the number I was trying, I got through to a wrong number after a saying sorry and hanging up I Picked up the phone and tried again but this time I had no dial tone (series of beeps on my line, not a continous noise) I tried hanging up several times but still nothing also I tried dialing some number keys but still nothing. In the end I hit redial and for some reason this brought back the dial tone noise!

I am using a virgin media uk line, was just wondering if there was any explanation for this? Oh and I wasn't able to call the house from my mobile but I could dial out despite no dial tone!

Not sure how well that reads (after readin binrev for a while I realise that grammar and spelling is important, mines just not up to scratch :P)

Edit: iPhone screen/eating whilst typing didn't do me any favours grammar wise.

-handle

the switch probably disconnected for a short period of time because of the "unusual" switch hook activity on the line? i havve a butt-set that i hate using, because it occasionally will result in the same problem, losing battery and ground on the pair for several minutes... only reason i really use that butt-set any more is because it can decode DMTF and troubleshoot CID troubles, otherwise i stick with my TS22

Agh right, I didn't think about the disconnecting thing, although I could still dial out before the dialtone returned, but I couldn't ring the line, reminds me of a mobile without a sim but you can still make emergency calls, police etc... If that analogy makes sense to anyone but me.

-Handle