Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
enmaku

CUDA rtgen

6 posts in this topic

So I know it's significantly faster to generate rainbow tables with GPU than CPU and I finally got tired enough of the crappy availability of good large tables and decided to throw some GPU time at it, I have a couple old dual-SLI gaming PCs that I can dedicate to the task for as long as it takes but I can't for the life of me find a copy of rtgen for CUDA or anything at all like it.

rtgen for CUDA is apparently a commercial product that you have to pay like $300 for and it comes with gobs of tables that I don't really care about, I just want the executable or perhaps a FOSS alternative?

Kind of a side step, by I meant to write this up somewhere:

I managed to get a cheap PCIe x16 GFX card ($25 8600GS) working in a modified PCIe x1 socket with some 'hardware' skills. Relevant here because this card is CUDA capable, and I intend to do some stuff with it a later time.

med_gallery_7512_85_38856.jpg

Check out oclhashcat for using GPU's. It's very very fast.

The Defcon cracking competition was won with hashcat.

oclhashcat uses the OpenCL framework.

It's the fastest tool out there now.

When you can brute at 9 billion strings a second, there becomes no need for rainbow tables. :)

scrn.jpg

xfire.jpg

Go go Opencl! That's cracking WPA-PSK keys.. crazy fast! With the overclocked q9550 it gets about less than 1K per second I think... The second is md5(md5(pass) md5(salt)) too, so regular MD5 would be way faster,

Just d/l some tables. unless you really want something special, it's way speedier to download them. Even with Cuda Acceleration. Also, I wouldn't let my GPU run full bore for more than 13 hrs or so. They're fast, but not made to run at 100% for long periods like a CPU can. My 5850's get around 75C after a few hours, and my Cuda enabled GTX 260 got even hotter.

Edited by tekio

Anyone use pyrit? (https://code.google.com/p/pyrit/)

I've now wasted so much time trying out so many crappy products in this vein that I'm just gonna start asking people who are further ahead of the curve than me :)