Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Beave

iWar 0.08 demo and HOPE talk.

4 posts in this topic

Howdy all,

I'll be at HOPE this year giving the talk "PSTN Based Cartography" (war dialing). That'll be on Sat. (17th) @ 22:00 hours in the 'bell' room. I'll be talking about various tool and methods. Also, I'll be talking a little bit about iWar. No, it's not vaporware. It's fully multi-threaded, VoIP enabled (and hardware/network enabled!) with signal analysis engine. Unfortunately, it's probably not going to be released for another month or so. Depending on the amount of time I can work on it, of course. To get an idea of how it works, I've made a small demo video.

This is running in multi-threaded mode, with CNAM lookup's enabled. About 63 numbers dialed in the short demo/video. Hope to see you at HOPE!

Edited by Beave

One more video. This time, I'm having iWar go for speed. The call duration is a max of 45 seconds with CNAM database support disabled. There is no delay between spawning threads. In the last video, I had a 1 seconds delay between threads with CNAM lookups enabled. This is about 120 numbers dialed. This is using 50 threads.

Edited by Beave

That's very cool, I like how you used bg/fg coloring on the phone numbers to indicate their status. I'm also a huge fan of ncurses interfaces. Nice work dude.