Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FreeBird

WiFi Wpa/2

11 posts in this topic

Hi! I'm completely new to this. I've set up a wifi router and card, and after looking at google for wifi hacking, I decided I would try to hack my network. I've done some research, and have some guides, but they all seem to leave out one thing. After you get the key, what do you do with it? To log into the network you need the username and password. I see part of aircrack is to crack passwords ( I'm still not sure what to do there), but where do you get the username? Do you type in the key after you get it? Any and all responses will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi! I'm completely new to this. I've set up a wifi router and card, and after looking at google for wifi hacking, I decided I would try to hack my network. I've done some research, and have some guides, but they all seem to leave out one thing. After you get the key, what do you do with it? To log into the network you need the username and password. I see part of aircrack is to crack passwords ( I'm still not sure what to do there), but where do you get the username? Do you type in the key after you get it? Any and all responses will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

There is no username/password to gain access to a wirless network... only the key. once you have the key you should be able to attempt to connect to the wireless network and then it will ask you for the key. You then enter the key and you should be able to log onto the network (provided they dont use mac filtering)

Just in case you're a confused as I was when I first did it. The key you have there is in hex. So, when trying to connect to the wifi, select the encryption that uses the size of key you got (each single, character is worth 4 bits) and enter it w/o the ":"s, like "1122334455" for a 40 bit.

Are you trying to get the network key or the username/password for the router? As Afterm4th said the network key is just a single password, however if you want the user/password combo for the router you need to go about it a different way.

Are you trying to get the network key or the username/password for the router? As Afterm4th said the network key is just a single password, however if you want the user/password combo for the router you need to go about it a different way.

Thanks for the responses. I finally am able to reply---hit wrong button before. I thought I needed the username/password to access the network, but after your post and thinking about it, I guess that would duplicate a user, which would cause problems if that user was on. How do I attempt to connect to a network after I have a key? Does a box come up in aircrack? Thanks.

I just thought of something else. Once I have a key, can I connect to that network at another time, or do I have to go through all the aircrack steps again?

Edited by FreeBird

I guess that would duplicate a user, which would cause problems if that user was on

What user are you talking about?

How do I attempt to connect to a network after I have a key? Does a box come up in aircrack? Thanks.

Once aircrack gives you the key you can use use it to connect as you would any wireless network. This would of course depend on the OS being used.

I just thought of something else. Once I have a key, can I connect to that network at another time, or do I have to go through all the aircrack steps again?

Unless the key changes it will work from then on.

You seem to be a little confused about wifi networks (hey, no problem we all have to start somewhere :tongue: ). Before hacking anything it is important to understand it first. It might be a good idea to spend a little bit of time playing with wifi, encryption modes etc before jumping in to hacking.

I guess that would duplicate a user, which would cause problems if that user was on

What user are you talking about?

How do I attempt to connect to a network after I have a key? Does a box come up in aircrack? Thanks.

Once aircrack gives you the key you can use use it to connect as you would any wireless network. This would of course depend on the OS being used.

Unless the key changes it will work from then on.

You seem to be a little confused about wifi networks (hey, no problem we all have to start somewhere :tongue: ). Before hacking anything it is important to understand it first. It might be a good idea to spend a little bit of time playing with wifi, encryption modes etc before jumping in to hacking.

I speak noob quite well.. I'll try to clarify...

When accessing a wireless network you need to enter a key. most of the time people use their phone numbers as a key. Some people just use 0000000000 or 1111111111 (for WEP anyways.. WPA can be more characters). What aircrack does is find this key for you.

Once you have the key you can view the wireless network with windows and connect to it. It will then ask you for the key. You enter the key and the vouala, you are now logged into the wireless network and should be able to access the internet etc etc.

There are no "users". Just IP addresses.

Once you have entered the key for the wireless network the wireless router will assign you an IP address.

Once you have the key then you will be able to access the network from any wirless computer. You wont have a problem until the owner of the router changes the key.

I hope this helps.

for WPA2 you need to capture the 4 way handshake and the key. To capture the handshake, run : airodump-ng interface.

Now that you see your ap's and clients, refine your airodump-ng search by setting your card on a channel and save the captured packets to a file for later cracking by running: airodump-ng interface -w capturefilename -c channel. Now you can wait for a station to authenticate or run a deauth attack by running : aireplay-ng --deauth count -a ap -c client. I usually make my count like 100 o.o. tbh idk why :D. When the station reauthenticates, airodump-ng will capture the handshake in the top right corner. Once it does, you can stop the capture and crack the key with the file. aircrack-ng -w dictionary.lst caturefilename.cap. Hope this helps :D

Thanks for the responses. I meant by duplicate user, the first time I found this network, a message box came up asking for username and password. So I thought if I logged on at the same time that user was on, using the same username, an error message would be displayed to that user, or a message stating that somwene was trying to access his network. Since then, the software I have just shows the network and asks for the key. So, now I understand. Thanks.