Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
snakesonaplane

Need Help Finding 2600 Issue

4 posts in this topic

Didn't know where to put this topic, so feel free to move it.

I remember reading a while back an article in 2600 with a comprehensive list of resources for protecting your identity from falling into the hands of marketing companies. There were websites where one could opt out of receiving credit offers, etc. I have a decent collection of 2600 mags, but I can't remember which issue this was in. Does anyone know?

Didn't know where to put this topic, so feel free to move it.

I remember reading a while back an article in 2600 with a comprehensive list of resources for protecting your identity from falling into the hands of marketing companies. There were websites where one could opt out of receiving credit offers, etc. I have a decent collection of 2600 mags, but I can't remember which issue this was in. Does anyone know?

Probably "Regaining Privacy in a Digital World" by 6-Pack in Vol. 26, No. 2.

http://servv89pn0aj.sn.sourcedns.com/~gbpprorg/2600/index.html#134

Excellent! I knew it was relatively recent. Thanks.

Wait. Don't support that jerk. He's intentionally posting entire issues of 2600 for vengeance against Emmanuel. I understand some people think everything should be free. However, supporting this asshl takes away money/resources that 2600 would make selling back issues, thereby preventing them from having as much money/resources to print further issues. Also, just the concept of what the guy is doing is creepy. It shows a lack of respect to those who work hard to publish content.

Buy the back issue. Contribute towards future issues and future projects. More importantly, don't support the asinine crusade(s) this idiot is obsessed with.

Ok, let the hate begin.