Rosey

administative password

7 posts in this topic

My little sister somehow set a administative password and now I can't install anything and theres no way to figure it out is there a way to get around it these bastards want 50 dollars because my waranty is up by 2 months

Edited by Rose Red

My little sister somehow set a administative password and now I can't install anything and theres no way to figure it out is there a way to get around it these bastards want 50 dollars because my waranty is up by 2 months

It would really help to know what operation system you are using on the computer.. Windows? xp, vista, 7? Linux, BSD, whatever?

It would really help to know what operation system you are using on the computer.. Windows? xp, vista, 7? Linux, BSD, whatever?

my assumption would be XP... vista/7 you have to actually go in to unhide the admin account... and well the little sister part makes be assume that it is just the run of the mill commercial PC (HP, dell, gateway, etc) with factory installed OS

Outhacked by your own little sister? :P Just download the Offline NT Password kit, or Kon boot... or Ophcrack Live, or Locksmith, etc, etc...

my assumption would be XP... vista/7 you have to actually go in to unhide the admin account... and well the little sister part makes be assume that it is just the run of the mill commercial PC (HP, dell, gateway, etc) with factory installed OS

do any of these pawword programs work for the bios password for hp pavillion desktop cause cant boot my cd drives

do any of these pawword programs work for the bios password for hp pavillion desktop cause cant boot my cd drives

For the bios password, just locate the bios jumper on your Mobo and set it to the position other than it is, you can find information on the manual of your MoBo...

Reboot w/ F8 to go in to safe mode and change/remove admin pass.

Alternatively, beat it out of your little sister