Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
chown

Deauthenticating from a Windows share?

3 posts in this topic

Okay say I'm in Windows (XP) and I log into a windows share at \\another.machine\C$

Now that's all happy and I can access the files & whatnot, but what if I want to deauthenticate myself? Can I clear the local password cache without admin privs? Otherwise whenever I go back there, windows is like "hey! I know that password!" and it logs me in automatically with the cached password.

The reason I want to do this, is because when I log someone else into my samba to grab a file or something, they continue to have access after I leave. =(

Ideally I'd like a way to clear the cached password through script.

Also, setting permissions and/or using restricted accounts is a no go.

bump

Well, when first mapping a drive you must initiate net use (drive letter) \\another.machine\C$

To deauth, or delete the share initiate: net use (drive letter) /delete

Where drive letter is the drive letter you used to first make the connection with the share (ex. z:)

Once you remove the share, it should delete the associated password as well so no one else can use it

EDIT: I have also find the following

User Key: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\

Network]

System Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\

Network]

Value Name: DisablePwdCaching

Data Type: REG_DWORD (DWORD Value)

Value Data: (0 = disabled, 1=enabled)

http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-7343-0.html?forumID=101&threadID=301579

It should be simple enough to script a VBS file or such to automatically change the registry entry

Edited by Trikk