Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
indexphinger

Elevator phones

10 posts in this topic

Alright, I found the elevator phone number for my schools new elevator, besides the usual kiddie stuff, is there any benefit to hacking this?

I can hear everything that goes on, so would this be useful for gaining passwords and such from school administrators and the like?

Would there be any sort of external control system? AKA ala locking someone in and torturing them verbally untill they crack?''

i did alarms for many years and part of that we monitored elevator phones

it has an auto dialer on the line that when u pick it up, it dials

straight to a monitoring station, UA station that monitors the line

its a 2nd party and has nothing to do with your skools password

but you could always reconfig the auto dialer to call the whitehouse

Edited by viowatch

Alright, I found the elevator phone number for my schools new elevator, besides the usual kiddie stuff, is there any benefit to hacking this?

I can hear everything that goes on, so would this be useful for gaining passwords and such from school administrators and the like?

Would there be any sort of external control system? AKA ala locking someone in and torturing them verbally untill they crack?''

the controls are not connected with the phone line...

not too much that you could do... most of the hotline dialers are built into the elevator phone itself, so if you are able to get to the dial tone before it gets to the phone (by opening up the panel, or removing the phone you could call out on the line somewhere other than the number programmed into the hot line dialer...

you could call in and try scaring the shit out of the people on the elevator some how... you could call in and play pr0n which would likely embarrass anyone in the elevator - especially when the doors opened, and every one looks to see what is going on in the elevator... you could play your own elevator music - i say the more offensive the better, something like 2 live crew or something... i am out of immature childish ideas... oh well...

503-658-0725 - If you're going to be offensive, this is the elevator to do it in. Have fun!

Some elevator manufacturers do allow you to control what floor it's going to, but nothing all that evil. If you do a search, there was a good post somewhere a few years ago on how to identify elevator numbers. The one I just posted, for example, is an Otis elevator.

Edited by ThoughtPhreaker

503-658-0725 - If you're going to be offensive, this is the elevator to do it in. Have fun!

Some elevator manufacturers do allow you to control what floor it's going to, but nothing all that evil. If you do a search, there was a good post somewhere a few years ago on how to identify elevator numbers. The one I just posted, for example, is an Otis elevator.

Ok, let me rephrase my question "I can hear everything that goes on, so would this be useful for gaining passwords and such from school administrators and the like?"

Would this be useful to call at opportune times to obtain information from school staff such as upcoming events or sensitive information?

EDIT: Some info about said elevator:

TYPE: Otis Elevator Otis Elevonic 3rd revision hardware (I'd say they pinched out and got the standard one without internet control but I may be wrong.)

APPEARANCE: Stainless Steel Panel with Stainless steel buttons, Red Display, red button rings.

INSTALLED: Roughly 3 months ago

Provisions: Fire Blanket, Digital Chime, Buzzer, dot-matrix 2digit display.

SETUP: 2 Levels, G and 2.

Construction: Carbonsteel, Linoleum, Plastic.

Edited by IndexPhinger

Ok, let me rephrase my question "I can hear everything that goes on, so would this be useful for gaining passwords and such from school administrators and the like?"

Would this be useful to call at opportune times to obtain information from school staff such as upcoming events or sensitive information?

EDIT: Some info about said elevator:

TYPE: Otis Elevator Otis Elevonic 3rd revision hardware (I'd say they pinched out and got the standard one without internet control but I may be wrong.)

APPEARANCE: Stainless Steel Panel with Stainless steel buttons, Red Display, red button rings.

INSTALLED: Roughly 3 months ago

Provisions: Fire Blanket, Digital Chime, Buzzer, dot-matrix 2digit display.

SETUP: 2 Levels, G and 2.

Construction: Carbonsteel, Linoleum, Plastic.

Sounds like you could have some fun with it. However, keep in mind that it is an emergency service. Elevators do break (those in my building do on a regular basis). It would be a bad thing if a real emergency arose and you were fucking around with/broke the phone service. Even if an emergency doesn't arise, if your school administration finds that you're fucking with the phone, you might be treated severely because of the nature of the service.

only 2 floors and they need to use an elevator?

my HS was something like 5 floors and the elevator was only for handicapped students...

damn the staff in your school is lazy, they can not go up one flight of stairs...

What dont you get son? that fone rings a 2nd party UA station which has zero to do with the skool, if your lucky maybe the company that did the alarm (fire,burg,fone) uses a contracted monitoring service and you could pretend to be doing maintenance, and obtain acct info for the school, and then go from thurrr, but as far as like getting the pw from the line, ur really shit out of luck, Sorry

What dont you get son? that fone rings a 2nd party UA station which has zero to do with the skool, if your lucky maybe the company that did the alarm (fire,burg,fone) uses a contracted monitoring service and you could pretend to be doing maintenance, and obtain acct info for the school, and then go from thurrr, but as far as like getting the pw from the line, ur really shit out of luck, Sorry

Ok from what I've dicked with, it has a PC Based control, you can get into it by accessing a local IP on my schools network from guest or admin, why mine doesnt work I have no clue...

I can lock it open, send it up or down and say profanities on mic through PC, and calling it allows me a 2 way comms with anyone in the cab at the time.

thats different then my company used, i may stand corrected

id really have to be there to help