viowatch

voicemail

8 posts in this topic

are there any free voicemail service

that will unblock blocked calls to

your voicemail and email you number?

ip-relay used to do this but they stopped

so i've been looking for something new,.

Well http://www.trapcall.com provides a 30 day free trial that provides full calling party number information. Though the service is run by Teltech, and from a previous thread there appears to be some doubt about customer data with that company. There seems to be some allegations as to how their customer data is handled. I would personally hope that this is not the case, both because I consider the individual who was said to have leaked confidential data a decent man, and the company is a leader in this voip niche industry. However the fact that the company has not responded nor requested that the information be taken down here, does not shine a good light on the companies privacy policies, and further suggests that data may have been compromised.

Hopefully they can address the situation, but personally having worked for numerous Telco companies I can assure you that individuals who are 'illegally wiretapping' customer can face criminal as well as civil charges. I would hope that if these allegations are true that the individuals who's privacy was compromised, sue Teltech and put them out of business.

Other than Teltec, most 800# voicemail services do the same thing, though you may have to pay a couple bucks a month. Also, there are a number of other ip-relay services that since the FCC changes, provide local numbers.

Edited by Infinite51

the fact that the company has not responded nor requested that the information be taken down here, does not shine a good light on the companies privacy policies, and further suggests that data may have been compromised.

No one said that Teltech hasn't requested that the information be taken down. Also, they responded via email, which was posted.

It was a bullshit accusation made by a known nutjob, and it is not incumbent upon any company or person to respond to every lunatic claim made against them. Have George Bush and numerous others ever addressed David Icke's claim that they are all inter-dimensional, shape-shifting reptilians?

Edited by decoder

No one said that Teltech hasn't requested that the information be taken down. Also, they responded via email, which was posted.

It was a bullshit accusation made by a known nutjob, and it is not incumbent upon any company or person to respond to every lunatic claim made against them. Have George Bush and numerous others ever addressed David Icke's claim that they are all inter-dimensional, shape-shifting reptilians?

Hey Decoder, glad to see your still around. Anyway, I do not know all the facts about the situation nor really care to know. Had the facts or allegations been false, I would see no reason why a company would not request they immediately be taken down. I know several small companies (similar in size to Trapcall), that setup Google Alerts to closely monitor and defend their companies reputation.

Most companies monitor their customer’s records very closely, and it should be a fairly easy thing to see if any data was leaked that should not have been. The only thing I noticed was that someone was let go from the company, and I would assume that there was ample proof.

Otherwise I hope that our friend finds a capable employment lawyer and really lays it into the company for terminating him on unfounded allegations.

trap call is whatever

i dont want people to use my real number

and i think u got to pay for it now

and i have metro pcs anyways, i

know even with local ip-relay numbers

they dont unblock calls im wondering

if this is a new thing with the FCC or what

but i just am looking for something like this

so if anyone knows of a vm service or anything

like it, hit me up,

thanks

Edited by viowatch

I don't know of anything free. If you didn't use MetroPCS you could get a VOIP toll free # for $1-2 per month, but MetroPCS does not allow you to formward calls to a toll free (last time I checked)

I don't know of anything free. If you didn't use MetroPCS you could get a VOIP toll free # for $1-2 per month, but MetroPCS does not allow you to formward calls to a toll free (last time I checked)

why the hell would anyone use metro Pretty Crappy Service?

i had them for 2 months... only reason i endured the second month was because i paid $200 for the phone (r-450) that sucked, and thought i could get used to the phone and the (lack of) service...

coverage sucks...

all phones run BREW... (so that sucks, any software needs to be signed by qualcom, so no free 3rd party apps, and no mobile youtube)

unlike all other prepaid companies, your billing cycle date does not change if you make a late payment - and they do not adjust the bill - so a late payment means that next month you will pay for a full month of service, but only get service from payment date (or 24 hours after your payment) up to the cycle date...

they charge a fee to pay your bill...

etc... etc... etc...

boost mobile got CDMA phones now... ATT go phone got $60 unlimited talk/text... page plus cellular and straight talk got unlimited plans for under $50... no reason to settle for Pretty Crappy Service...

sorry about the rant...

and i see that trapcall has already been mentioned... not sure of similar free service...

you can search around on the board for more info about the alleged leaked docs from one of there employees who no longer works there... unsure if the controversy about the dropped docs is what caused him to lose his employment - or if the allegations were true or not...

also not sure what state that the employment was in, but if it was in a state that has similar laws as NY, they do not need to provide reason for terminating your employment, and can let you go for any reason, so an employment lawyer would not be too helpful in that situation...

my metro is free, who the hell

pays for metro anyways?..

i guess there is no more free

voicemails to unblock calls anymore?

that sucks really... a lot of people

keep saying trap call and all this stuff

but back when ip-relay would give u

a relay number it would email u the blocked call

an then they stopped, so ive been looking for

something like that again,....