BINREV SPYD3R

DISCOUNTED HOTEL RATES ANNOUNCED FOR THE NEXT HOPE

6 posts in this topic

We're happy to announce discounted hotel rates for The Next HOPE at the Hotel Pennsylvania in New York City from July 16th through the 18th. What's particularly amazing about this is that the price has actually gone down from past rates.

http://www.2600.com/news/view/article/11774

Ok I've not been on here much since the forums changed, I find it a bit different, which isn't bad but I'm surprised to see that there isn't a post with people talking about going to the Next Hope Conference. I know some people hate 2600, but I've always enjoyed meeting other people at these conferences. So maybe I missed the post that lists the names of the people going in July. I'd like to go in on a room with a few people. :biggrin:

Edited by Cessna

Ok I've not been on here much since the forums changed, I find it a bit different, which isn't bad but I'm surprised to see that there isn't a post with people talking about going to the Next Hope Conference. I know some people hate 2600, but I've always enjoyed meeting other people at these conferences. So maybe I missed the post that lists the names of the people going in July. I'd like to go in on a room with a few people. :biggrin:

I attended a hope a few years back and did not think that much of it. I can only get so much time off work so I decided DEFCON was a better, more fun con to spend my time at.

I am currently thinking about attending HOPE this summer. I was wondering what where some reasons to go and what are some reasons to stay away from HOPE? What sets HOPE apart from other cons?

I am currently thinking about attending HOPE this summer. I was wondering what where some reasons to go and what are some reasons to stay away from HOPE? What sets HOPE apart from other cons?

I noticed like a lot of people a very political undertone, which you may or may not like. New York is a really nice place to wonder around and there are always things to do, so even if people don't enjoy the talks or other events, I don't think you can get bored in Manhattan and Brooklyn.

I noticed like a lot of people a very political undertone, which you may or may not like. New York is a really nice place to wonder around and there are always things to do, so even if people don't enjoy the talks or other events, I don't think you can get bored in Manhattan and Brooklyn.

What type of political tones where there?

What in particular did you not like about the con?