Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Aghaster

Installing Lexmark Linux Drivers in 64-bit Debian-Based Distributions

3 posts in this topic

As Lexmark just released Linux drivers for a great deal of home printers that were previously unsupported in Linux, I rushed to write an article on how to make it work (yeah, they fell in the trap of making a 32-bit rpm package only and calling that a "Linux" driver):

Installing Lexmark Linux Drivers in 64-bit Debian-Based Distributions

I hope this will help a couple of you to get their printers working in Linux.

I've edited my article to provide a link to the .deb version of the package, which is mentioned in the readme but was nowhere to be found. After figuring out the real download location of the rpm version of the package, I just replaced rpm by deb in the name and boom, I got the deb version instead. Lexmark only forgot to link to it from their main website.

I've edited my article to provide a link to the .deb version of the package, which is mentioned in the readme but was nowhere to be found. After figuring out the real download location of the rpm version of the package, I just replaced rpm by deb in the name and boom, I got the deb version instead. Lexmark only forgot to link to it from their main website.

Very very good Aghaster, thank you for sharing!!!:)

You have solved a problem that i'm trying to solve for more time and also your article is written very well and I can undestand quite well me too who I don't speak very well english!! :)