gLi7cha

Need a Nix guru pls lol....

10 posts in this topic

Need some help installing new drivers for this wifi card. So I don't have to re-write everything you can read about most of it here:

Thanx to anyone who can help in advance..... I've been beating myself up all day about this.

-gLi7cha

Didn't even see this site b4.... thanx. Got the Mac drivers up and working. I'm in class right now, I'll let you know about the linux drivers when I get home in a few hours. Thanx!

-gLi7cha

I'm willing to help out, wrote you a message on the other thread. :cool:

Yeah.... Playing catch up now..... It's been a bust few days for me. Wiped BT installed Matriux. As much as I wanted Matriux to work I don't think it's going to happen. They seem to be off to a good start, and I'm sure they'll have a very nice distro in the future. But right now it seems as though BT is unstoppable lol. Thanx for the replies. Going RE-install BT4(F) again run an up date and give it another shot lol.

Thanx.

-gLi7cha

What are the hardware specs on your computer? From what I've seen Matriux only works on intel machines right now.

What are the hardware specs on your computer? From what I've seen Matriux only works on intel machines right now.

Thanx, but it's ok. I'm back to BT4 (Final) these days. I would still however like to follow Matriux, as they do seem to be off to a great start. Hopefully we will one day have a choice between 2 great pentest distros! ..... Isn't that what *nix is all about? .... Choice! ....I know there are others, but BT really nailed it. I would just like to see a few others come along with the same level of attention to detail.

-gLi7cha

Thanx, but it's ok. I'm back to BT4 (Final) these days. I would still however like to follow Matriux, as they do seem to be off to a great start. Hopefully we will one day have a choice between 2 great pentest distros! ..... Isn't that what *nix is all about? .... Choice! ....I know there are others, but BT really nailed it. I would just like to see a few others come along with the same level of attention to detail.

-gLi7cha

Out of curiosity are you running BT as you main OS or just to boot into it?

On my EEEPC 1005HA, BT is dedicated. But I also have my MacBook Pro.

I have an issue much like this. I was able to get internet working by hard-wiring, but now im on a different computer that hard-wiring is not an option. I was told here on the forums to use ndiswrapper with the gui ndisdtk. When i tried to install the .deb for ndisdtk it says it was missing ndiskwrapper-utils but i already have installed that successfully. any ideas?

My wireless card is the linksys wmp110. I have the driver on both a cd and a jump driver, but it is for windows xp. I cannot emulate the driver to run without the GUI for ndiskwrapper. Any help would be great.