Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
killerty69

Silent Install FTP Server

7 posts in this topic

Well I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to get a FTP server to install silently on a remote computer if you are able to get the software on the computer by disguising it. I am sure I can write some custom code, but as we all know this is very time consuming and sometimes very annoying.

Well I am wondering if anyone has any ideas on how to get a FTP server to install silently on a remote computer if you are able to get the software on the computer by disguising it. I am sure I can write some custom code, but as we all know this is very time consuming and sometimes very annoying.

Just look for one that can be used from the command line (cannot remember the name of one I used). You could also use netcat to transfer files. Would tftp be better? just load a client if not already installed on the remote machine.

EDIT: if your trying what I think, a host based firewall might make it a pain.

You could always try mapping a network share and installing to that share. Never tried it, but it all sounds good if you can add any needed reg-keys via remote-registry.

Edited by tekio

If you can get a shell on a system you could install a FTP server.

You could use exploitation or run some terminal emulation server software.

Install and run the FTP server in the background.

If you can get a shell on a system you could install a FTP server.

You could use exploitation or run some terminal emulation server software.

Install and run the FTP server in the background.

I was under the assumption he already had a remote shell and just needed a way to transfer files to and from.

Well this basically gets me on the right track so thanks. If you can think of a good command line ftp server then please tell me any help would be greatly appreciated. Try to think about different ways of doing this, because it the first try does not always work. Thanks again guys.

I was under the assumption he already had a remote shell and just needed a way to transfer files to and from.

I'm still unsure :)

write it yourself, I dare you. FTP is a very simple protocol and shouldn't take long to implement