av1d

3 free ITU-T recommendations

9 posts in this topic

Please do everyone a favor (including yourself) and don't use your handle when applying for this, use a fake name instead. They might remove it if it's abused, although it's probably temporary anyway.

http://ecs.itu.ch/cgi-bin/ebookshop

Maybe everyone could decide which Recommendations they're going to DL so everyone else knows and doesn't get the same ones, and then we could pool them all together.

Do you like ITU documents ? so check it out :

"Security in Telecommunications and Information Technology"

An overview of issues and the deployment of existing ITU-T Recommendations for secure telecommunications

dated : December 2003

http://www.itu.int/itudoc/itu-t/85097.pdf

thanks

Edited by av1d

OK I've downloaded :

CHILL The ITU-T Programming Language

ITU-T Recommendation Z.200

User instructions for payphones

ITU-T Recommendation E.137

OPERATING PROCEDURES FOR CARDPHONES

ITU-T Recommendation E.133

Download DOC documents not PDF because it is easier to copy the content.

Screw them, greedy mofos. They'll only give me lame documents like "The users guide for Winstars CD ROM".

What the hell use is this?

I have a link somewhere with all of the entire recommendations on it, and will post it here after it's found in this mass of CDRs.

For some reason they gave you decent stuff. ::shrug::

Edited by av1d

Screw them, greedy mofos. They'll only give me lame documents like "The users guide for Winstars CD ROM".

What the hell use is this?

I have a link somewhere with all of the entire recommendations on it, and will post it here after it's found in this mass of CDRs.

I disagree, they have a lot of interesting documentation but you have to know what you are looking for. Z.200 is just great, but they have also shit, for example

FREQUENCIES TO BE USED FOR IN-BAND SIGNALLING

you download it, expect something cool and this is all what you've got:

To reduce the risk of signal imitation by speech currents, the frequencies for an in-band signalling system should be chosen from the frequencies in the band in which speech signal power is lowest, i.e. frequencies above 1500 Hz. The desirability of this was confirmed by tests carried out in London, Paris and Zurich in 1946 and 1948 to choose the signalling frequencies of systems standardized by the CCITT. These tests led to the conclusion that, if relative freedom from false signals was to be obtained other than by undue increase in signal duration, frequencies of at least 2000 Hz would have to be used.

ITU has some great courses and documentation but it's useful only when you really know what you are downloading. I recommend ETSI if you dislike ITU.

BTW: Screw the http://www.itu.int/publications/bookshop/index.html, go straight to http://www.itu.int/ITU-T/publications/recs.html and choose what you want.

Edited by Havoc

I did that. Everything I clicked said "This is not available as a free download. "

It only offered 48 or so documents, most of which were utterly boring. The others wouldn't download. It wouldn't let me touch the recs.

edit: your recomendations link worked.

Edited by av1d

I did that. Everything I clicked said "This is not available as a free download. "

It only offered 48 or so documents, most of which were utterly boring. The others wouldn't download. It wouldn't let me touch the recs.

You have something really not OK, check it again with new account and remember to choose (while registering) that you are member of everything available. I don't see any problem with downloading recs.

BTW: Are we alone in downloading this stuff ? Hey people register, download and write here what you got and are there any problems.

VARIOUS TONES USED

IN NATIONAL NETWORKS

Supplement 2

(to ITU-T Recommendation E.180)

-----

Q.732.2-5

SERIES Q: SWITCHING AND SIGNALLING

Specifications of Signalling System No. 7 – ISDN supplementary services

-----

Q.14

GENERAL RECOMMENDATIONS ON TELEPHONE SWITCHING AND SIGNALLING

INTERNATIONAL AUTOMATIC AND