Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
biosphear

RFID Help

3 posts in this topic

Hello all,

Kinda long time since I have posted here, so here it goes.

I have been looking into RFID for some time now and have bought a RFID reader (one that reads only 125KHz).

I now want to do a project on RFID for college and was looking for a file that would show me how to build an RFID Reader/Writer.

So far I have came up empty handed, and now and looking for you guys to help.

If any of you guys could post here a link or document that could help me build an unit that can read ISO 14443B cards and write to them that would be great.

I have look to Google for answer but still no cigar. :sad:

Look forward to seeing the post on here.

Take care,

biosphear

This site might be of interest to you.

The Proxmark3 with newer Firmware can for example clone HID cards; a simple swipe of a card on the street or if you hide your Proxmark near an active reader - which actively amplifies the signal as someone powers the reader, and you can gain entry in to any door. :D

Edited by jabzor

This site might be of interest to you.

The Proxmark3 with newer Firmware can for example clone HID cards; a simple swipe of a card on the street or if you hide your Proxmark near an active reader - which actively amplifies the signal as someone powers the reader, and you can gain entry in to any door. :D

The Proxmark3 is a nice device, but you need to build it yourself, or buy it prebuilt for $500. I suggest you forget about building your own reader and simply buy one. eBay can be a good place to find one.

This guy is probably someone you want to talk to. He made a presentation at the Last HOPE on how to reverse engineer obfuscated hardware. He made a program that can analyze circuits from pictures, rendering attempts to obfuscate it quite useless. He reversed engineered mifare cards. You can send him an email, in my case he was kind enough to give me a reply :)