Aghaster

Improving Gnome Appearance

7 posts in this topic

Improving Gnome Appearance

I have just written a guide on my website giving some tips to improve the visual appearance of gnome. Hopefully there are some tips you hadn't thought of yet in the lot :P

Nice little tootie...

When I use a Mac taskbar clone I usually put all icons on it...a simple aesthetic preference for me.

Nice little tootie...

When I use a Mac taskbar clone I usually put all icons on it...a simple aesthetic preference for me.

Yeah, I did that the first time I installed cairo-dock. However, I prefer to keep the bottom panel for currently running applications and special icons. I put my quick launch icons on top.

Nice little tutorial, Aghaster. After a new install, I also set the transparency to half. It just looks so much better that way.

Nice little tutorial, Aghaster. After a new install, I also set the transparency to half. It just looks so much better that way.

Agreed, nice tutorial for Linux noobs, now if we can get a good tutorial on running compiz fusion that'll really get some peoples attention lol

personally I set my transparency all the way the change my text color to white (cuz I use dark backgrounds) really makes the letters pop!

Edited by etherknot

I use that dock to. Nice guide Aghaster.

On a side note, KDE4.4 was released yesterday/today, but I prefer Gnome TBH.