Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
livinded

Str0ke from Milw0rm died

7 posts in this topic

Many of us have wondered where str0ke has been and why milw0rm has not been updated in a good while. I recently was informed that str0ke has been hospitalized due to a strange condition with his heart, which he has had since he was a child.

Sadly....

I've just received information that str0ke @ milw0rm has passed away due to cardiac arrest early this morning at 9:23 AM. We @ blacksecurity are deeply saddened by the loss of a good hearted friend.

We wish nothing but blessing to his wife and 4 children.

http://bl4cksecurity.blogspot.com/2009/11/str0ke-milworms-funeral-is-this-friday.html

Many of us have wondered where str0ke has been and why milw0rm has not been updated in a good while. I recently was informed that str0ke has been hospitalized due to a strange condition with his heart, which he has had since he was a child.

Sadly....

I've just received information that str0ke @ milw0rm has passed away due to cardiac arrest early this morning at 9:23 AM. We @ blacksecurity are deeply saddened by the loss of a good hearted friend.

We wish nothing but blessing to his wife and 4 children.

http://bl4cksecurity.blogspot.com/2009/11/str0ke-milworms-funeral-is-this-friday.html

i don't think i was ready to read that this morning.

wholy shit. :( :( :(

rest in peace str0ke <333333333333333333

i hope his family is okay. :(

I think he had been sick for a little while...I have a feeling that this was part of the reason that he tried to take the site down earlier this year. He didn't have time to maintain it and maybe it was due to his health. I don't know that, I am just wondering.

I can tell you that binrev is currently being run by other people for similar reasons. I don't have any health issues that I know of (other than mental ones), just personal issues that are more important. People do not realize how much time it takes to run sites that get this large.

I know what its like str0ke... RIP fam...RIP.

I think he had been sick for a little while...I have a feeling that this was part of the reason that he tried to take the site down earlier this year. He didn't have time to maintain it and maybe it was due to his health. I don't know that, I am just wondering.

I can tell you that binrev is currently being run by other people for similar reasons. I don't have any health issues that I know of (other than mental ones), just personal issues that are more important. People do not realize how much time it takes to run sites that get this large.

I know what its like str0ke... RIP fam...RIP.

i felt shitty all day about that post, then i read that he IS alive!

http://www.offensive-security.com/blog/offsec/offensive-security-exploit-archive/

str0ke (he is alive, healthy and well btw).

That seriously must be intense to be that successful StankDawg, if you ever need any more help, you can scream at me. I'll try to help.

So wait...he is not dead after all? That is great, but that is a pretty shitty and low class thing to say about someone. I try to care for my fellow hackers and family, but this wasn't a very tasteful joke. I don't mind getting played, I should know better than to bel3eive anything on the interwebs (especially binrev ;)) but this is pretty low class. It does, however, prove that we still believe things way to easily...and that we are a bunch of gossips!

Successful troll is successful. But I still say...low class to whomever started this, very low class.

Yeah, and I though another great guy was gone.

It's good news he isn't,

After the news of him being dead, I checked some sources like his Tweeter, Full disclosure and others, all confirmed that he wasn't dead afterall :) .

From what I read, they are planning to make an announcement about Milw0rm soon. Has Str0ke found a successor? We'll see.

m_101

I didn't really care if he was dead... tbh.

He operates a successful skiddie website, and I respect that. I haven't been on Milw0rm for ages.. but do they have ads up? If so, Str0ke is a genius.

I didn't care, because... I don't visit Milw0rm and because I don't even know Str0ke personally.