Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SigFLUP

gsm tracking

6 posts in this topic

I remember hearing kevin mitnick mentioning that he used a device that someone makes to view all the cell-phones associating with the strongest cell-site. Do you know what this device was called? Also, are there any archived panels from any cons that talk specifically about gsm tracking?

GSM tracking? You wouldn't be able to do it unless you were within radio range of the target, or had access to the carrier's infrastructure (in order to see when a target connects to the network.)

GSM tracking? You wouldn't be able to do it unless you were within radio range of the target, or had access to the carrier's infrastructure (in order to see when a target connects to the network.)

or the cell-site is broadcasting your imsa when establishing a phone call

Edited by SigFLUP

I remember hearing kevin mitnick mentioning that he used a device that someone makes to view all the cell-phones associating with the strongest cell-site. Do you know what this device was called? Also, are there any archived panels from any cons that talk specifically about gsm tracking?

I'm interested in this as well.

Does anyone here know how or have real world experience with gsm tracking?

I'm not asking for people to talk out of their butt, I want REAL educated answers.

Good Subject Btw :wink:

ask google they are "open source" and whatever. they might be able to talk about their google maps for mobile/pocketpc/android w.e. as yeah it tracks your location to like 5km