Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dixie

Trying to track down a distro I saw a few years ago

4 posts in this topic

I remember seeing a linux distro a few years ago that was a multimedia driven package. It had a lot of digital content tools like audio software, graphics and animation packages, etc. I think I recall it had a pretty slick design with the website/window manager.

Personally I'm a Debian guy myself, but my friend at a VFX company was looking into FOSS solutions for workstations. I couldn't remember the name for the life of me, and googling didn't turn up much.

I remember seeing a linux distro a few years ago that was a multimedia driven package. It had a lot of digital content tools like audio software, graphics and animation packages, etc. I think I recall it had a pretty slick design with the website/window manager.

Personally I'm a Debian guy myself, but my friend at a VFX company was looking into FOSS solutions for workstations. I couldn't remember the name for the life of me, and googling didn't turn up much.

It probably wasn't this you are thinking of but there is a mediacentric distribution of ubuntu called Ubuntu Studio which collects together a lot of good multimedia editing tools. http://ubuntustudio.org/

Thanks guys. The more I think about, I think my memory is actually merging those two distros, and I'm currently searching for an imaginary combination of both of them. Thanks for the quick responses :)