rehack

Hacking Farmville

91 posts in this topic

I have been changing the game settings file and not had much luck. Only thing that I think does not cause out of sync is changing fuel consumption for vehicles, crop harvest time, and speed. There might be more, but I have not found any. One thing I need help understanding is

<item name="chickencoop" type="building" className="ChickenCoopBuilding" subtype="animal_pens" buyable="true" giftable="false" placeable="true" code="CC">

<requiredLevel>1</requiredLevel>

<cost>5000</cost>

<limit>1</limit>

<substituteItem>chicken</substituteItem>

<sizeX>5</sizeX>

<sizeY>3</sizeY>

<harvestItemChance>0.015</harvestItemChance>

<storageSize>1</storageSize>

<capacity>20</capacity>

<storageType itemClass="animal">

<itemName>chicken</itemName>

<itemName>chicken_brown</itemName>

<itemName>chicken_black</itemName>

<itemName>chicken_gold</itemName>

</storageType>

<defaultItem amount="1" name="chicken" />

<actionText>Eggs</actionText>

<growTime>1</growTime>

<image name="built_1_0" url="assets/buildings/building_chickencoop.swf" loadClass="mc" />

<image name="built_1_1" url="assets/buildings/building_chickencoop.swf" loadClass="mc" />

<image name="built_1_2" url="assets/buildings/building_chickencoop.swf" loadClass="mc" />

<image name="built_1_3" url="assets/buildings/building_chickencoop.swf" loadClass="mc" />

<image name="built_1_4" url="assets/buildings/building_chickencoop.swf" loadClass="mc" />

<image name="icon" url="assets/buildings/building_chickencoop_icon.png" />

If you change limit, grow time, or capacity you get an out of sync error. I have tried changing the <harvestItemChance>0.015</harvestItemChance>, which is all I really want to do, but it does not seem to be working. Can someone please help me figure out how to change the harvest chance so that it is 100% guarantee that each harvest gets a mystery egg. Also one more question. Each time you put a new coop down it comes with a chicken in it and a white mystery egg to share. I changed the white chicken to gold, which made it go out of sync. I want to change the white mystery egg found in new coops to a gold one, but I do not know what to change to get that to happen.

I have been changing the game settings file and not had much luck. Only thing that I think does not cause out of sync is changing fuel consumption for vehicles, crop harvest time, and speed. There might be more, but I have not found any. One thing I need help understanding is

If you change limit, grow time, or capacity you get an out of sync error. I have tried changing the <harvestItemChance>0.015</harvestItemChance>, which is all I really want to do, but it does not seem to be working. Can someone please help me figure out how to change the harvest chance so that it is 100% guarantee that each harvest gets a mystery egg. Also one more question. Each time you put a new coop down it comes with a chicken in it and a white mystery egg to share. I changed the white chicken to gold, which made it go out of sync. I want to change the white mystery egg found in new coops to a gold one, but I do not know what to change to get that to happen.

Don't waste your time with the chicken coop, The server again maintains the stats. Things that you can do by modifying the gamesettings.xml file (and not getting a sync error) are:

Fuel costs,

Harvester/Seeder/Tractor grid size,

Zoom sizes

I have messed with just about everything in the file. I use Privoxy for search and replace rules eg:

FILTER: farmville_scale Do avatarScale modification
s/avatarScale="0.5"/avatarScale="0.8"/g

FILTER: farmville_walk Make walking faster
s/walkSpeed="120"/walkSpeed="10"/g

FILTER: farmville_energy Do energy mod
s/<energyCost>1/<energyCost>0/g

FILTER: farmville_SizeXY Do Size mod for Tractor/Seeder/Harvester
s/<actionSizeX>2/<actionSizeX>40/g
s/<actionSizeY>2/<actionSizeY>40/g

Now, I just got locked out of my farmville account :( I have one additional hack that isn't as easy. It lets you farm way outside of your normal farmland boundaries. The messaging between the client and server are AMF. I did some man-in-the-middle packet modification to modify the amount of land the server tells the client it has. My land was 256x256, each plowed land square takes up 4 'steps', so that's a farm land of 64x64 farm-able land. I think I made a mistake by planting outside of the 256 boundary and now the server won't initialize my user anymore (error 500, internal server error) :S (LOL, it's pretty comical).

So, here it is. I've attached the hacked proxy. <edit>Also here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/315021798/privoxy-3.0-Farmville.zip.html

It's a recompiled version of privoxy to do the hack. Uncompress the zip, run privoxy.exe, setup your browser to use proxy settings 127.0.0.1 port 8118. And load farmville :)

I'll share the code with whoever wants it, it's modified GPL code and so I can't keep it to myself anyway.

Word of caution. If you increase your harvester/tractor/seeder to something very large (like mine: 40x40), then be prepared to wait a while for the client to finish syncing with the server. The client sends 10 actions to the server at a time, and can take a couple of seconds between messages, so that it can take a couple of minutes to farm the 1600 squares :P.

Also, don't expect this to work too long. I expect that they will fix this fairly quickly. It's a simple fix on the server side of things.

Edited by Caesurus

Fuck Farmville. It's re-re-re-re-ra-ra-ra-ra-re-ra-retardeddddddddd duh

You think farmville is a waist of time, but you have time to spam threads?

Don't waste your time with the chicken coop, The server again maintains the stats. Things that you can do by modifying the gamesettings.xml file (and not getting a sync error) are:

Fuel costs,

Zoom sizes

I have messed with just about everything in the file. I use Privoxy for search and replace rules eg:

FILTER: farmville_scale Do avatarScale modification
s/avatarScale="0.5"/avatarScale="0.8"/g

FILTER: farmville_walk Make walking faster
s/walkSpeed="120"/walkSpeed="10"/g

FILTER: farmville_energy Do energy mod
s/<energyCost>1/<energyCost>0/g

FILTER: farmville_SizeXY Do Size mod for Tractor/Seeder/Harvester
s/<actionSizeX>2/<actionSizeX>40/g
s/<actionSizeY>2/<actionSizeY>40/g

Now, I just got locked out of my farmville account :( I have one additional hack that isn't as easy. It lets you farm way outside of your normal farmland boundaries. The messaging between the client and server are AMF. I did some man-in-the-middle packet modification to modify the amount of land the server tells the client it has. My land was 256x256, each plowed land square takes up 4 'steps', so that's a farm land of 64x64 farm-able land. I think I made a mistake by planting outside of the 256 boundary and now the server won't initialize my user anymore (error 500, internal server error) :S (LOL, it's pretty comical).

So, here it is. I've attached the hacked proxy. <edit>Also here:

http://rapidshare.com/files/315021798/privoxy-3.0-Farmville.zip.html

It's a recompiled version of privoxy to do the hack. Uncompress the zip, run privoxy.exe, setup your browser to use proxy settings 127.0.0.1 port 8118. And load farmville :)

I'll share the code with whoever wants it, it's modified GPL code and so I can't keep it to myself anyway.

Word of caution. If you increase your harvester/tractor/seeder to something very large (like mine: 40x40), then be prepared to wait a while for the client to finish syncing with the server. The client sends 10 actions to the server at a time, and can take a couple of seconds between messages, so that it can take a couple of minutes to farm the 1600 squares :P.

Also, don't expect this to work too long. I expect that they will fix this fairly quickly. It's a simple fix on the server side of things.

Thanks for the land expansion tip. There is one setting I have found that can be changed that you did not list. That is changing the limit of 1 chicken coop to as many as you want. I have been able to buy about 10 extra coops, after which I stopped buying. Each coop posts a white mystery egg, so I thought why not change that to a gold egg. It will of course come up with an out of sync error and refresh and then go back to normal, but the gold egg will already be posted for people to get. Is there no possible way to do this, since it is all server side?

Thanks for the land expansion tip. There is one setting I have found that can be changed that you did not list. That is changing the limit of 1 chicken coop to as many as you want. I have been able to buy about 10 extra coops, after which I stopped buying. Each coop posts a white mystery egg, so I thought why not change that to a gold egg. It will of course come up with an out of sync error and refresh and then go back to normal, but the gold egg will already be posted for people to get. Is there no possible way to do this, since it is all server side?

I hadn't looked at the chicken coop to be honest, I had 2854 plowed squares, which was making crazy amounts of money and experience. The chicken coop didn't seem all that interesting. But I guess the mystery eggs could be of value to others.

You can also change the settings of most other items in the game. For example, you can set the mastery flags to buyable. But when you buy an item like that the server responds with a "you don't have enough money for that item or that item is not buyable". You can see the error messages with "Charles" and modify the requests/responses. Things should be clearer when you use that.

The other thing you can also do is modify the limited items availability. For example, I have some old gamesettings.xml files and if I take the following section:

<item name="cow_green" type="animal" giftable="false" buyable="true" placeable="true" code="U3">
<limitedStart>11/02/2009</limitedStart>
<limitedEnd>11/09/2009</limitedEnd>
<requiredLevel>1</requiredLevel>
<cost>2400</cost>
<sizeX>2</sizeX>
<sizeY>2</sizeY>
<imageScale>1.2</imageScale>
<growTime>1</growTime>
<coinYield>18</coinYield>
<action>harvest</action>
<actionText>Green_Cow_milk</actionText>
<insanityProbability>.5</insanityProbability>
<image name="animation" url="assets/animals/cow_green.swf" />
<image name="frt_cycle" url="assets/animals/cow_green_full.swf" loadClass="mc" />
<image name="frt_idle" url="assets/animals/cow_green_full.swf" loadClass="mc" />
<image name="bk_cycle" url="assets/animals/cow_green_full.swf" loadClass="mc" />
<image name="bk_idle" url="assets/animals/cow_green_full.swf" loadClass="mc" />
<image name="icon" url="assets/animals/animal_cow_green_icon.png" />
<sounds>
<sound url="assets/sounds/animals/cow_01.mp3" />
<sound url="assets/sounds/animals/cow_02.mp3" />
</sounds>
</item>

Remove the <limitedStart> and <limitedEnd> lines and place it in the newer gamesettings.xml file and you can now see the cow in the market and buy it outside the limited time. The server doesn't do a check on the time and you're buying a valid item so it doesn't give an error.

When you place an item, the message to the server will indicate whether you purchased the item or whether it was a gift. I was playing around with modifying the message to tell the server an item I usually can't buy was actually a gift when placing it. But the server gives an error on that.

any updates?

What kind of updates are you looking for? Have you got anything to contribute?

i tried using the fiddler2.. but it doesn't save anything i change..

T.T

Caesurus, have you changed the open date of the presents under the tree? I do not know if I should do that, so I was wondering what your take on that is.

Caesurus, have you changed the open date of the presents under the tree? I do not know if I should do that, so I was wondering what your take on that is.

I haven't been on in a while, been busy with real life. I would say try changing it and let us know. The worst that can happen is that the server gives you an error and disallows the action and gives an out of sync warning. I say go for it. :)

I haven't been on in a while, been busy with real life. I would say try changing it and let us know. The worst that can happen is that the server gives you an error and disallows the action and gives an out of sync warning. I say go for it. :)

You do not think they will see that someone opened up the presents early and then lock me out of my farm for good, because I was changing gamesettings file?

You think farmville is a waist of time, but you have time to spam threads?

You're right, I apologize.

Edited by R4p1d

Hi,

I'm an italian guy, i've found a code that can be modified to obtain more CHicken Coop...i think it is not necessay to keep it secret cause somebody already explained it in an italian blog... I need to know how to look at the "conversation" between me and the Zynga server, can you give me some explanation about it ?? If i can look at it i'm sure i can found others holes in the code, so i can modify it and not going out of sync !!

Thanks

PS: if you want the Chiken Coop Explanation ask me with an email

In the image my 4 coops :-)

PPS : sorry for my bad english

coops.bmp

Fuel costs,

I believe these are now patched. Or atleast they stopped working for me.

realy realy interresting topic.

After finding this, I had to register here :)

I'm also trying to exploit the Farmville - System, but don't have much success at the moment.

Maybe it can help sb., this is the actal gamesettings xml path:

http://static-facebook.farmville.com/v10166/gameSettings.xml

I'll try to inject another xml and post the results.

An other way could be interacting directly wit the FW - Server:

5245 67.011326 192.168.0.13 174.129.12.3 HTTP POST http://fb-0.farmville.zynga.com/current/flashservices/gateway.php HTTP/1.1 (application/x-amf)

But maybe somebody could explain me how to download the farmville swf?

I'm a little bit confused..

Sorry for my bad english, i'm german...

Edited by Twips

hi im a newbe in hacking farmville nd i want to kno where i have to put this gamesetting.xml file?

hi im a newbe in hacking farmville nd i want to kno where i have to put this gamesetting.xml file?

Hey man, sorry but my concept with the gamesettings.xml file was only a test. It didn't work out.

It was a possibility to alter the settings, then pass the new gamesettings.xml to the flash with a proxy, or by editing.

but as of yet, no one has found a way to beat the fact that the server always keeps a track of what you're doing;

imagine it as though the client only had controls like farm(land); and plant(crop, land); and then the server uses

the result of these commands to tally 1) how much money you have and 2) what actions you're allowed to perform.

so really, unless there is some unchecked value, or buffer overflow then there isn't much we can do.

I was having fun with that proxify shit earlier, (before they patched it,) and my farm saved I just can't create anymore land outside of my boundaries (besides what was already created.)

959838Untitle0.png

I was having fun with that proxify shit earlier, (before they patched it,) and my farm saved I just can't create anymore land outside of my boundaries (besides what was already created.)

959838Untitle0.png

Holy shit that is ridiculous! I am not up to date with how Facebook actually runs.

Hello guys

I just registered to this forum so that I could write here!

Could someone explain to me where you did find this xml file cause I can't get it from the page source of the farm!

Also, there were new updates again (tuesdays and thursdays) and maybe will be tomorrow as well or in two days so will these things work anymore?

I need help to understand how to do things and what is doable right now..

I am running google chrome and/or firefox under linux ubuntu. What tools will I need if I need any?

Thank you guys

I was chatting with some friends about this subject while in South Florida and one of them told me that he used a greasemonkey script that isnt exactly a hack, but is an autoplay script. It maximizes efficiency, but apparently they are updating the game so often that the script keeps breaking and needs to be tweaked each time.

I was chatting with some friends about this subject while in South Florida and one of them told me that he used a greasemonkey script that isnt exactly a hack, but is an autoplay script. It maximizes efficiency, but apparently they are updating the game so often that the script keeps breaking and needs to be tweaked each time.

I used one or two scripts with greasemonkey on firefox but moved to google chrome cause firefox crashes every time someone chats with me on facebook. It might be my laptop I don't know but I am using chrome at the moment.

I want to know more about the XML file and how to make crops grow faster etc..

Hello all,

My approach to hacking Farmville was based on a Farmville bot found at www.farmvillebot.net. It is distributed as a Windows binary but in its installation folder it also has a file called parser.php. This file contained all the hints I needed, namely a reference to the amfphp project's libraries. These libraries implement the Action Message Format (AMF) encoding of objects as orginally developed by MacroMedia and now maintained by Adobe. I tried running the php script by itself but ran into some short comings of the publicly available version of the code which is really mainly aimed at building an AMF capable server as a backend to a Flash client (sounds familiar, LOL?)

So, instead I pursued a reimplementation of the script's logic in Python using the PyAMF libraries. Sofar I have had great success and have been running my own bot for a few weeks. It has shortcomings alright but aside from having to patch it whenever a new release of the Flash client becomes available it has been great fun. As of 1/12/2010 it can:

• Plow, plant and harvest plots
  • Collect from animals
  • Transform animals
  • Collect from buildings
  • Use heavy machinery
  • Visit neighbors and go on missions
  • Fertilize neighbors' crops
  • Feed neighbors' chicken coops

Furthermore it can compute farm performance statistics like this:

My level 34 farm is (66x66) in size
I have 11 neighbors
In my bank I have 176965 gold coins; $17 FV cash and 79825 eXperience Points
need 7175 XP to reach the next level
Fuel supply stands at 1050
And on this farm I have:
214 plots of land, a 83.59% utilization
pumpkin : 4
squash : 1
strawberry: 209
55 trees
28 free-range animals
9 buildings
with 46 confined animals
0 vehicles
Ribbon case:
placeflowerdecorations 1: 4 to go until next award
uniquegifts 1: 2 to go until next award
fertilizecrop 1057: 1443 to go until next award
vegetablevirtuoso 58: 442 to go until next award
adoptanimal 4: 11 to go until next award
harvestfertilizedcrop 313: 287 to go until next award
fencedin 13: 37 to go until next award
eggcelentdiscovery 5: 20 to go until next award
harvestflowers 158: 342 to go until next award
boughtdecorations 50: 50 to go until next award
boughtbuildings 12: 3 to go until next award
harvestanimals 1424: 3576 to go until next award
harvesttrees 408: 1092 to go until next award
helpfriends 342: 158 to go until next award
haveneighbors 11: 14 to go until next award
crop strawberry 3773: 1477 harvests to go until fully mastered
That should take about 28.01 hours
crop blueberry 9282: 7518 harvests to go until fully mastered
crop raspberry: mastered
Checking in with the neighbors
All in a day's work
Farm's XP yield is: crop 429; orchard 0; livestock 0; total: 429
Farm's coin yield is: crop 7708; orchard 2775; livestock 2130; total: 12613
Farm speeds: Hourly coin yield: 1874.17; hourly XP yield 114.53 (62.65 hours until level 35)
Set alarm for 2010-01-12 20:35:03 when strawberry will be ready to harvest

Has anyone else worked this out yet that I can share ideas with? I have been blogging about this on FarmVillein when I found this forum. Reading it has given me further confirmation that although you can try to send commands to the Zynga servers that violate the game's rules, most of the time you won't get away with it as the servers maintain their own state.

Edited by Boerenzoon

Well, finally spent a few late nights and have the whole Farmville enchilada wrapped up:

• Pure Python script: no browsers need apply
  • Uses the facebook username (no more fishing for numeric userid values)
  • Retrieves the current flashRevision automatically
  • And finally of course also grabs a valid session token on each run

In other words, at the command line you simply enter

Villein.py --feed --fertilize --mission email@facebook.com

Enter your password when prompted and your farm is brought current. Shortly I'll revive the automatic scheduling function again too.

It has been a long road but I think I am finally all done!