JmanA9

Op-Divert through Google Voice!

63 posts in this topic

It seems that if I block caller ID when calling GV, I can call many toll free numbers including 800-555-tell, but not MCI or 800 operator. When I call the ANAC (804) 222-1111 mentioned above, I get "000-0000". If I dial my GV without blocking caller ID, I can again call MCI's ANAC, and also dial 800 operator. the 804 ANAC then reads off the last seven digits of my GV number.

Also, if I instead dial the 804 ANAC directly, dialing *67 does not change the announcement of the seven-digit phone number.

All of MCI's toll frees recently started rejecting calls with failed ANI.

Try an inactive patlife toll free number like 888-253-8239 for ANI readback, it will say the realtime ANI was not transmitted when dialing through GV with CID block.

Most toll free calls besides MCI should still connect fine with a failed ANI.

Funny you should say that...

http://thoughtphreak...io/mci_fail.mp3

Here's a call to two ANACs over MCI's calling card platform after op diverting. I included the second call in here just because it's reaction was a little amusing.

I'm a little confused about how Patlife comes into the equation here. They get toll-free service from Global Crossing, and I had no trouble completing a call to them with a fail either. Could it be Google Voice is sending absolutely nothing? Most real ANI fails send the NPA of your call just to ensure the call routes properly.

Damn, you dial so fast that I'll actually have to use the computer to figure out what the heck you dialed, maybe throw it into soundforge or something :)

"more than 99" lol is that a joke? I recognize that voice from the Laser Voicemail platform, mainly because they've had issues with creating boxes and I kept hearing that recording.

Funny you should say that...

http://thoughtphreak...io/mci_fail.mp3

Here's a call to two ANACs over MCI's calling card platform after op diverting. I included the second call in here just because it's reaction was a little amusing.

I'm a little confused about how Patlife comes into the equation here. They get toll-free service from Global Crossing, and I had no trouble completing a call to them with a fail either. Could it be Google Voice is sending absolutely nothing? Most real ANI fails send the NPA of your call just to ensure the call routes properly.

Heh weird the two I was trying (800-444-4444 and 800-437-7950) having been refusing to connect with ANI fails over GV for the last several weeks. I know GV *was* sending 585 as the ANI and same plus privacy bit as the CPN.

Damn, you dial so fast that I'll actually have to use the computer to figure out what the heck you dialed, maybe throw it into soundforge or something :)

"more than 99" lol is that a joke? I recognize that voice from the Laser Voicemail platform, mainly because they've had issues with creating boxes and I kept hearing that recording.

hahaha, yes! I'm glad someone got the more than 99 joke. Extra hugs and/or gold stars for you, sir. Good to see someone still takes pride in decoding DTMF by ear. If you haven't decoded the numbers already, they're 712-296-1206 and 515-382-1206.

My guess is that different results mean different providers. It seems more plausible that Google is changing things, and not their provider changing things. But then again, who knows?

I have to agree with this,seeing as how in the last few days my main menu has been very buggy..(hitting star once disconnects instead of taking me to the option to place a call has been the main issue lately)

ANI fail seems to be back with google voice... i can not dial any toll free ANAC numbers when *67 into my GV number.. get a busy signal for all toll free numbers that i have tried so far...

ANI fail seems to be back with google voice... i can not dial any toll free ANAC numbers when *67 into my GV number.. get a busy signal for all toll free numbers that i have tried so far...

It's not just you - I'm in NPA 303/720 and get the same thing.

where have you been?

where have you been?

Well..... personal/family stuff. Kinda long... I can PM you with it if you'd like.

............. that's the 2nd time I had a feeling about you and it came out. That first was when I had a feeling you'd friend me and then today I posted the above and had a feeling you'd say "where have you been?"

As I said, I don't believe in psychic stuff but why is someone trying to make me believe in it?, lol.

lol.

GV is working again, now you can dial 800 numbers (recently you couldn't).

The ANI-F has changed though, it's: 646-291-8010

It just rings when I called it via GV and a disconnected recording when I call it via POTS.

Edited by resistor X

Now ANI-F is going to different numbers. I got these when I just tested it:

706-805-0380 goes to a business

706-805-0780 goes to same business as 0380

706-805-0865 same business as 0380

213-417-0063 goes to a business.

It also shows up as the disconnected number I posted above, 646-291-8010.

I stopped testing after I got these so maybe there are other numbers besides these.

Edited by resistor X

Now ANI-F is going to different numbers. I got these when I just tested it:

706-805-0380 goes to a business

706-805-0780 goes to same business as 0380

706-805-0865 same business as 0380

213-417-0063 goes to a business.

It also shows up as the disconnected number I posted above, 646-291-8010.

I stopped testing after I got these so maybe there are other numbers besides these.

Update:

The ANI-F is now showing as 646-291-8010 only.